Grilled Corn on the Cob with Kale Pesto makes a great side dish for the season! Even though the summer is wrapping up, there’s still time to enjoy some seasonal favorite foods. I love summer corn, and thought it would be fun to serve it grilled with a tasty topping.
Summer lasts an incredibly long time in Phoenix as far as the weather is concerned, no matter what the calendar says. So even though summer is wrapping up for most people, I know a lot of us are still enjoying summer-season foods for as long as we can. A great example: Grilled Corn on the Cob with Kale Pesto.
Mexican Street Corn Salad is another dish you’ve got to make before the summer ends! I made it, literally, seven times in one month this summer. Everyone loves it!
You might also like my Cheesy Jalapeño & Corn Stuffed Sweet Pepper Poppers for a fun appetizer to serve at your next get together.
I came across some great corn at the market the other day, and I just love grilled corn on the cob! I wanted to add a little something to the corn and thought pesto with a bit of Parmesan cheese would be a great topping.
Since the rabbits decided my herb garden is their favorite fast food spot and devoured my basil, I used some leftover kale to make the pesto for this dish. It was perfect to slather on the corn – what beautiful color and flavor.
Are you a kale lover? Make a big bowl of my Kale and Quinoa Salad with Honey-Dijon Dressing. It’s a delight!
If rabbits have made their way to your basil, or there’s another reason you can’t get your hands on any, kale makes a great option for pesto. It definitely has a heartier flavor, but you make it the same way as traditional pesto, and you can use it the same way, too.
This recipe makes about a cup of pesto, so you’ll have more than you need for just the corn. Use it up as a sauce for pasta, a dressing for a sandwich, or as a dip for some crunchy veggies. There are so many ways to enjoy it.
While the corn was grilling, I added some fresh tomatoes to a pan, drizzled them with olive oil, and roasted them on the grill, too. I might want to banish the summer heat, but I still want to enjoy the flavors of the season.
Grilled Corn on the Cob with Kale Pesto is a fabulous side dish for the summer season. There’s just no way to go wrong with it!
Don't let the summer end without making Grilled Corn on the Cob with Kale Pesto! It's a fabulous side dish!
5 based on 7 review(s)
- 5-6 ears corn, husk and silk removed
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 big handfuls kale leaves (no stems)
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus extra, shredded for garnish
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Add the kale, grated Parmesan cheese, olive oil, garlic, pine nuts, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and paprika to a food processor. Blend until smooth. Taste and adjust the seasoning as needed.
- Brush the ears of corn with the softened butter. Grill over medium-high heat for about 10 minutes, turning, until it begins to char.
- Remove from the heat, brush the pesto over the tops, and garnish with the shredded Parmesan cheese.
- Serve warm.
This recipe makes more pesto than you'll need for the corn. It will keep for a few days, and you can use it as a spread with sandwiches, or as a sauce for pasta.