Lemon Curd Layered with Angel Food Cake and Berries is ideal to brighten any day. You’ll only need two lemons and a handful of other goodies to help create this sunshiny treat.
Looking for a luscious dessert that’s bursting with lemon flavor? Give this Lemon Curd Layered with Angel Food Cake and Berries a try. You’ll love the flavors and simplicity found in this recipe.
My backyard tree is bursting with lemons so I really wanted to come up with a tasty way to use them. Over the holidays my little niece squealed with excitement over my lemon tree and asked if we could make lemonade. Based on these family photos I snapped, I needed waaaaay more water and sugar!
Moving on to the sweet stuff, I asked myself, “Hmmm… what to make, what to make…?” and came with the answer of lemon curd! I used my go-to lemon curd recipe from David Lebovitz. It’s tried and true, and I’ve used often, and to make one of my favorite sweet treats, Mini Sugar Cookie Cups with Lemon Curd.
These cookie cups are so fun and a delight to serve!
Lemon lovers take note: you’re going to want to try these luscious, lemony treats, too:
- Lemon Muffins with Almond-Streusel and Glaze
- Lemon Meringue Tartlets
- Lemon Squares with Lavender & Limoncelllo
I could go on (seriously). But let’s chat a little about this lemon curd. This recipe doesn’t make tooooo much, so if you’d like extra, double up on the recipe. If you are serving dessert for four, this is the perfect amount to make. Lemon Curd Layered with Angel Food Cake and Berries makes a delightful dessert.
It doesn’t take a lot of effort to make this lemon curd, which is just one thing to love about this recipe. You only need two lemons and a handful of other goodies to get this dessert on the table.
I used angel food cake and blueberries for my layered treat. For a little something extra, I toasted up some shredded coconut to scatter over the top. You can mix things up. Use raspberries, croissants, or maybe even a chocolate cookie to layer up these goodies. Just be sure to add lemon curd!
Serve this Lemon Curd Layered with Angel Food Cake and Berries as a bright and tasty way to brighten up your day!
Patricia Conte/Grab a Plate
Yields Serves 4
5 based on 11 review(s)
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice (2 lemons)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large egg yolks
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, cubed
- You’ll need a strainer and a bowl handy. Set them off to the side.
- Add the lemon juice, sugar, eggs and egg yolks, and salt to a medium-sized pan over medium heat. Whisk to combine.
- Add the butter to the pan and turn the heat to low. Whisk constantly until the butter is melted.
- Increase the heat to medium and continue to whisk constantly until the mixture thickens. Use a spoon to pick up some of the mixture. When it falls back into the mixture and the mixture holds its shape, it is finished cooking.
- Stain the mixture into the bowl. Allow the mixture to cool before using it. If you’re not using it right away, store it in the refrigerator.
- Angel food cake (I used 3 thin slices of cake per serving)
- 1 cup blueberries
- Optional: Toasted coconut and mint sprigs as garnish
- Slice the cake. Add the lemon curd and berries between the layers. Top with toasted coconut and mint.
This lemon curd recipe is from David Lebovitz as mentioned in the post.