Blueberry-Pistachio Marshmallow Cereal Bars are just the sort of treat that reminds me of the ones I enjoyed as a kid. I was feeling nostalgic about the back-to-school season and decided to recreate a classic treat in the form of these tasty bars with a twist!
Lately, my Facebook feed has been filled with photos of friends’ cute kiddos heading into a new school year. Do you remember those days? They seem both like a million years ago, and just yesterday.
As I walked down memory lane, I started to think about treats from back in the day, and decided to make these Blueberry-Pistachio Marshmallow Cereal Bars. They’re not just for kiddos – I love them, too! They’re great as a treat at the end of the day, or even as a snack with coffee in the a.m. – I mean, they’re made with cereal, right?
I haven’t had crispy marshmallow treats in such a long time, and while these brought back memories of snacks from the past, I’m really glad I changed things up a little and added some extra goodies into the mix. The salted pistachio pieces and sweet blueberries are perfect together, studded throughout these bars.
If you’re packing Blueberry-Pistachio Marshmallow Cereal Bars into a lunch box or bag, wrap them in a sheet of parchment paper or waxed paper. What a wonderful surprise for a kid at lunchtime, or an adult at lunch hour.
Whether you slice your squares small or keep them on the larger size, grab a glass of milk or cup of hot tea or coffee to pair up with Blueberry-Pistachio Marshmallow Cereal Bars. These treats are a delight!
Hungry for more snacks? Check these out:
No-Bake Monster Cereal Bites
Quinoa, Coconut & Date Muffins
Sesame and Nori Popcorn
This is a twist on a classic that you'll love! The sweet blueberries pair well with the salty and crunchy pistachios!
5 based on 8 review(s)
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3-1/2 cups mini marshmallows cups marshmallows
- 6 cups cereal O’s
- 1/4 cup dried blueberries, plus extra for garnish
- 1/4 cup pistachios, rough chopped, plus extra for garnish
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Spray a 9x12-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Add the butter to a large pot over low heat. When melted, add the marshmallows, in batches, and stir until melted.
- Add the cereal and stir to combine.
- Add the dried blueberries and pistachios and stir to combine.
- Transfer the mixture to the baking pan. Add a bit of the nonstick cooking spray to your hands, and use them to pat down the mixture, spreading it evenly across the pan.
- Sprinkle with the remaining dried blueberries and pistachios.
- Cool thoroughly before cutting into squares and serving.