Tea Sandwiches with Herbed Cream Cheese make a lovely small-bite dish as part of a light meal or a special brunch. Choose your favorite ingredients to satisfy your tastes.
Are you looking for a special dish to make for Mother’s Day or another laid-back celebration? Something easy to put together that and that will definitely impress?
Give these Tea Sandwiches with Herbed Cream Cheese a go.
These small-bite sandwiches are dainty but they pack a punch! What could be better for a Mother’s Day gathering?
I used smoked salmon, cucumbers, and radishes to include in these sandwiches, but the list of options is long. White bread works as a base, but even better (i.e. sturdier) is pumpernickel or rye bread.
Tea Sandwiches with Herbed Cream Cheese
How do you slice your sandwiches? I follow my mom’s form and go diagonal!
The beauty of making Tea Sandwiches with Herbed Cream Cheese is that you can make your sandwiches open-faced, or use two slices of bread and slice them into small triangles.
If you’re looking for another fun idea, you could use a cookie cutter to shape your sandwiches. Think heart, fluted rounds, cactus-shaped, Mickey Mouse ears…you get the idea!
With cookie cutter, you could tailor these sandwiches to your audience. With some alterations, these sandwiches would be great to serve for a kid’s party (hello PB&J), football-watching, parties (think ham and cheese), and more.
Looking for another fabulous sandwich to serve? Try one of these:
- Greek-Style Avocado Toast
- Grilled Brie, Fig Jam, and Dandelion Greens Sandwiches
- Fried Green Tomato BLT Sandwiches
- Strawberry-Nutella Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches
With Mother’s Day here, don’t you think these Tea Sandwiches would be perfect to share with your mom?
Serve them as part of a special brunch, or with a tasty salad on the side, like this Spinach and Couscous Salad with Strawberries, Avocado & Honey-Lime Dressing.
If cukes, radishes, and smoked salmon aren’t what mom would enjoy on her Tea Sandwiches, use her favorite things to make them.
Ingredient Options for Tea Sandwiches with Herbed Cream Cheese
Roasted red peppers
Butter or Bibb lettuce
Clearly these Tea Sandwiches with Herbed Cream Cheese aren’t your standard, hearty, wrap-your-hands-around sammies, but they’re filling, fun, and on the daintier side of the sandwich world.
They’re easy to make and will be sure to please mom – or whoever you decide to make them for, and for whatever occasion you’re celebrating.
Pull together just a few simple ingredients to make Tea Sandwiches with Herbed Cream Cheese. You’ll love them, and so will everyone else!
Patricia Conte/Grab a Plate
Yields Serves 4-6
5 based on 5 review(s)
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped (more to taste)
- Pinch of salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 1-2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Zest of 1/2 lemon
- Choice of sliced bread, about 10 slices, crusts cut off
- Radish slices (about 4-6 radishes)
- Cucumber slices (about 1-1/2 cucumbers)
- 4-6 ounces smoked salmon
- Add the cream cheese, dill, salt and black pepper, lemon juice and zest to a bowl and mix to combine. Be sure the cream cheese is spreadable before starting.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning as needed.
- Add the slices of bread (be sure the crusts are cut off) to a flat, clean work surface. Spread the cream cheese over a few slices of bread at a time.
- Add the ingredients to one slice of bread, and top with a second slice of bread so your sandwiches have cream cheese on both slices of bread.
- Carefully slice in diagonals or smaller squares using a serrated knife.
- If you’re using a cookie cutter, they work best on sturdier bread. Cut into the bread with the cookie cutter before adding the ingredients, then form your sandwiches.
- Serve immediately.
- You can also serve these sandwiches open-face style, too.