Strawberry-Nutella Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches are such a fun treat, no matter what the weather. These cookies are rich and tasty on their own, but turning them into ice cream sandwiches could not be more delicious!
Happy Valentine’s Day! I think you should definitely make these sweets for your sweetie! Strawberry-Nutella Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches are a delightfully delicious and fun treat, and if you’re a Nutella fan, these are def for you!
I remember the first time I had Nutella. My cousins were visiting from Italy and brought all sorts of goodies with them as gifts for giving. I remember the trendy jewelry and hair ties they brought my sisters and me. I also remember those trends didn’t hit the States until two or three years later!
And Nutella. Ah, Nutella! We loved it and couldn’t get enough of it, all while trying to ration it! That hazelnut and chocolate combined — mmm…just a delight!
If you know me, you know I eat ice cream all year long (and so does my dog — but only a lick or two). I don’t always make my own ice cream, but when I do, I love No Churn Orange-Cardamom Ice Cream, No Churn Cherry Chocolate Chip Espresso Ice Cream, and Peach, Lavender, and Blackberry Ice Cream.
For this recipe, I stuck with store-bought strawberry ice cream to smush between two of these rich, rich cookies. It goes so well with the bits of strawberries you’ll find tucked inside the cookies. I used a recipe I found from Real Simple magazine as baking inspiration for these treats.
The cookies are super easy to make, so that’s a bonus, right! I used freeze-dried strawberries to add to the batter. I can usually find them at my local grocery store, and I’ve seen them at Target, too.
What do you have planned for Valentine’s Day? Do you exchange gifts or cards with your sweetie? My husband and I used to always try to go out for dinner, but it can be a busy (and sometimes expensive) time.
These days we opt to stay home with our dog. Sometimes we exchange gifts, but not always. But there is always a sweet treat involved.
Check out my other Sweets for Your Sweet Week recipes:
Whatever your plans are for the day, you should include Strawberry-Nutella Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches. I think you’ll love them!
Yields Makes 20 cookies, or 10 ice cream sandwiches
4 based on 2 review(s)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup Nutella
- 2/3 cup freeze dried strawberries, diced
- Strawberry or vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt, slightly softened
- Optional: candy sprinkles for garnish
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line two baking pans with parchment paper and set aside.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium-size bowl and whisk to combine.
- Add the beaten egg and Nutella to the bowl, and mix until combined.
- Fold in the strawberries until combined.
- Shape the dough into about 2-inch balls and place on the baking pan about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 8-9 minutes, rotating halfway through baking. Remove while still soft so you don't overbake.
- Remove from the oven, and while the cookies are still hot, press down on the tops slightly with a spatula. Allow them to sit for a minute, then transfer to a wire baking rack to cool completely.
- Once completely cooled, scoop some softened ice cream or yogurt onto the bottom of one cookie and top with another (flat side to the ice cream).
- If you’d like, roll the sides of the sandwiches in candy sprinkles.
These cookies were inspired by a Real Simple magazine recipe.