“Peanut Butter & Jelly” Breakfast Banana Splits are what breakfast dreams are made of! Healthy and fun, this a.m. treat is a fantastic way to start your day!
Can you imagine starting the day with a fun and fabulous breakfast? “Peanut Butter & Jelly” Breakfast Banana Splits are made just for those occasions!
Whether you woke up chipper, or on the wrong side of the bed, breakfast banana splits will brighten the day!
These banana splits are a take on the classic dessert, swapping plain Greek yogurt for ice cream, raspberries (or the fruit of your choice), and crunchy granola for candy pieces, and a peanut butter drizzle for chocolate sauce.
No worries, though: you can still add sprinkles and a dollop of whipping cream over the top!
Where’s the PB&J you ask? Well, I consider the berries to be the “jelly” and then I drizzle warmed and smooth peanut butter over the top. Voilà!
If you like your breakfast treats a little more traditional but still fun, try my Green Grape, Apple, and Cinnamon Smoothies. The grapes are a nice touch!
You’ll also like these Mini Dutch Baby Pancakes with Blueberry Compote. Everything is better as a mini, right?
When you don’t have time to make breakfast in the a.m., plan to make these Cherry, Almond & Coconut Overnight Oats with Chia the night before. What a great way to wake up to breakfast without the hassle!
Think about all the times these “Peanut Butter & Jelly” Breakfast Banana Splits would be perfect for breakfast:
- Monday morning before heading off to work
- When your kids have a few friends sleeping over
- A special brunch you’re hosting (these will definitely be unexpected!)
- Mother’s Day or Father’s Day breakfast in bed
- To celebrate someone’s birthday
When you wake up thinking of something fun (and easy to make) for breakfast, give these “Peanut Butter & Jelly” Breakfast Banana Splits a go! They’re so festive and will definitely bring a smile to your face, no matter which side of the bed you wake up on!
Patricia Conte/Grab a Plate
Yields Serves 2
5 based on 11 review(s)
- 2 bananas sliced through, lengthwise
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2-1 cup raspberries (or your favorite berries or fruit)
- 1/2 cup granola
- 1/4 cup plain peanut butter
- Optional: whipped topping and candy sprinkles
- Add each sliced banana to a bowl or dish, so each half is slightly turned out (as if to fill the sliced banana).
- Divide the remaining ingredients, and dollop about 1/4 cup of the yogurt over each banana in two scoops.
- Sprinkle the raspberries and granola over the bananas.
- Warm the peanut butter in the microwave in 20-second increments, stirring until smooth and runny, then drizzle over the tops of each banana.
- Add the whipped topping and candy sprinkles over the tops.