Cherry, Almond & Coconut Overnight Oats with Chia makes a tasty first meal of the day – even better when you’re in a hurry. Get your prep on and fix your breakfast the night before!
We all know that brekkie is the day’s most important meal, yeah? Sometimes a granola bar and coffee are all I have time to throw together (definitely not in that order), while other days call for something more leisurely (stay tuned for the perfect weekend breakfast recipe coming soon).
So what’s a gal or guy to do? Make overnight oats, I tell you! Have you tried this technique yet? Once you find out how easy it is to put together Cherry, Almond & Coconut Overnight Oats with Chia, you’ll want to jump out of bed to enjoy it!
Overnight oats are put together…wait for it…the night before you eat them! Simply layer your ingredients in a jar, add a lid, pop them in the fridge, and enjoy them in the a.m. Perfect for the when you’re tight on time. If you have leftovers, save them for later — they make a great post-workout snack, too.
So what can I tell you that you don’t already know about this breakfast? A few things come to mind: It’s delicious — the cherry-almond flavor combo is a classic, and the added coconut? Yum! It’s filling. I attribute that to the ingredients: oatmeal, chia seeds, yogurt, almonds. Prep is a cinch. And it makes for a fabulous first meal of the day.
I couldn’t wait for fresh cherries, so I used frozen cherries for this recipe, which was perfectly perfect. Think of all the combinations you can put together for a dish like this: so many nuts, fruit, seasonings, and different yogurt and milk to use!
I’ve tried a few varieties of overnight oats, but Cherry, Almond & Coconut Overnight Oats with Chia is one of my favorites. I hope you enjoy it!
Hungry for more breakfast? Try one of these tasty recipes:
- Green Grape, Apple & Cinnamon Smoothies
- Tomato-Bacon Jam with Avocado Toast
- Blue Cornmeal Waffles with Chipotle Butter and Maple Syrup
This breakfast gets prepped the night before serving it. It's so easy: layer your ingredients, pop them in a jar, and refrigerate overnight. Enjoy in the a.m.!
5 based on 10 review(s)
- 12 ounces frozen dark sweet cherries, thawed
- 10 tablespoons rolled oats
- 3 tablespoons raw almonds, divided
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- 6 ounces coconut yogurt
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- Unsweetened coconut flakes as garnish
- Add 2 tablespoons of the almonds to a food processor and pulse a few times. Add 10 ounces of the cherries and the almond extract to the processor and pulse a few times. Place the remaining (whole) cherries in a plastic bag and refrigerate.
- Spoon about 2 tablespoons of the cherry mixture into 2, 12-ounce jars.
- Combine the oats with the chia seeds. Divide the mixture and spoon it over the top of the cherry mixture.
- Divide the yogurt and spoon it over the oats. Add the remaining cherry mixture to the top of the yogurt. Divide the coconut milk, and pour it into each jar.
- Cover the jars and refrigerate overnight.
- Before serving, rough chop 1 tablespoon of almonds.
- Stir the mixture in the jars to combine, and transfer to serving bowls.
- Top the mixture with a few of the refrigerated cherries, the chopped almonds, and sprinkle with the coconut flakes.
- Serve immediately.
These are fairly generous portions. Keep uneaten oats refrigerated, and enjoy later the same day.