This blueberry-mango salsa is dreamy! It’s sweet and tangy and a little spicy and perfect as your new summer salsa. Not interested in snacking? Use it to top grilled chicken or fish!
What did you do this weekend? If you were smart, you probably found something fun to do indoors. Man, has it been sweltering hot all across the country!
I made this salsa to snack on between doing loads of laundry and cleaning up with my new Dyson cordless vacuum (thanks honey, and Amazon Prime Day!). I mean that sounds like serious excitement, huh?
I was, however, seriously excited by this blueberry-mango salsa. Not only because it was different from your standard salsa AND delicious, but because it could do double duty.
How often can you find “snacking” salsa that also tastes amazing as a topping for grilled chicken or fish? Right now! Today! This salsa is perfect as a snack AND as a topping for a main dish!
Fruit really can go with a main dish without being weird. My sheet pan blueberry-balsamic glazed salmon is a good example. Of course sheet pan meals are so easy to make, so that’s one good thing. The blueberries are another!
If blueberries (and dessert) are your thing, try serving up your dessert from the grill. That’s right! Grilled angel food cake with roasted blueberries is a lovely dessert that takes almost zero effort. You’ll love it.
My blueberry-mango salsa turned out to be a really great combo of flavors and tastes: you get a little heat from the jalapeño, sweetness from the blueberries and mango, zestiness from the red onion, and lime juice for a nice touch of citrus to tie it all together.
Okay. I’ll give you one more recipe that’ll bring blueberry bliss to your lives: chocolate almond blueberry bites. They’re so good! They’re made with dried blueberries and almonds, smothered in chocolate! Mmmmm!
What’s it take to make Blueberry-Mango Salsa?
- Smash half the blueberries and combine them with the remaining berries
- Toss in the mango, jalapeño, onion, and the remaining ingredients
- Adjust the seasoning to your taste
- Refrigerate for a bit (at least 30 minutes)
- Break out the tortilla chips
- Dig right on in
Next time you’re at the store, stock up on those sweet, sweet mangoes, some blueberries, and don’t forget the tortilla chips! You’ll want to snack on blueberry-mango salsa whether it’s scorching hot out or not!
Let me know what you think about this salsa, and whether you enjoyed it as a snack, or along with a main dish.
Patricia @ Grab a Plate
Serves About 4 cups
5 based on 11 review(s)
- 3 cups blueberries, divided
- 2 mangoes, diced
- 1 small jalapeño, seeds and membrane removed, diced small
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced small
- Juice from one lime
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 heaping teaspoon cilantro, minced
- Lightly mash half the blueberries and combine with the other in a bowl.
- Add the diced mango, jalapeño, red onion, lime juice, honey, salt, pepper, and cilantro. Taste and adjust the seasoning to taste.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Toss to combine before serving.