Since Brussels sprouts are on the way out for the season, I wanted to use them in a dish once more before we turn to asparagus and peas and green beans. I give you crunchy Brussels sprouts salad with creamy Sriracha dressing for the season’s last hurrah!
I made this salad with a classic on the brain — creamy broccoli salad. I haven’t had that favorite in such a long time, but it seems like it appears on the regular at this time of year.
I love Brussels sprouts, and there are so many great ways to include them in a meal. I’m pretty sure we all know someone who thinks Brussels sprouts are mushy and stinky (are YOU in that camp?). Well, I’m here to set the record straight with this recipe for crunchy Brussels sprouts salad with creamy Sriracha dressing.
If you’re a Brussels sprouts lover like I am (or if I can try to change your mind), you’ll find several recipes on the site that include Brussels sprouts: there’s Brussels sprouts salad with apples, blueberries & lemon vinaigrette for the fruit-in-salad lover. Or how about a Brussels sprouts salad with carrot, apples & pistachios with a homemade poppy seed dressing?
For something a little out of the ordinary, try this recipe for skillet pizza with sweet potatoes, Brussels sprouts, and ricotta. It makes a deliciously different pizza! If you search a little further, you’ll find a few others you might like, too.
I told you I was a fan!
Right now I’m excited about this crunchy Brussels sprouts salad with creamy Sriracha dressing since it makes a great addition to any late spring meal. It’s also a nice side for Easter dinner, too. If you’ve been tasked with bringing a dish to Easter dinner, this one is easy to make!
I tossed in carrots and bell peppers along with the chopped Brussels spouts, and coated them in a creamy, spicy Sriracha dressing. To top things off, I added peanuts and crunchy chow mein noodles just before serving.
The crunchy, creamy, and slightly spicy combo is fantastic.
So let’s bid a fond farewell to Brussels sprouts for the season by sending them off with a hurrah! I hope enjoy this salad, and hope you’ll try some of my other recipes that include Brussels sprouts, too!
Patricia Conte/Grab a Plate
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 teaspoons Sriracha sauce (or your favorite hot sauce), to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 24 ounces Brussels sprouts, bottom stem cut off and any browned leaves discarded, either shredded with a food processor or sliced into thin strips
- 1-1/2 cups carrot, cut into thin rounds
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeds and membrane removed, cut into thin, 3-inch strips
- 5 tablespoons salted peanuts, plus extra, chopped, as garnish
- 1/3 cup chow mein noodles, plus extra for garnish
- Mix together all the ingredients for the dressing and adjust the seasoning to taste.
- Add the Brussels sprouts, carrot, bell pepper and peanuts to a large bowl. Toss to combine.
- Add the dressing the salad and toss to evenly coat. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Just before serving, scatter the chow mein noodles over the top, or serve them on the side for individual portions.