Charred Green Beans with Burrata and Peaches is a fabulous summer salad that is both easy to prepare, and a delight to serve on a hot day. Give this dish a try the next time you invite friends for a backyard meal, or when you need a special dish for lunch.
Are you enjoying your summer? I feel like I’m cramming in an entire season into a few weeks! I’ve been visiting my family and have been going nonstop, running around visiting old favorite spots and catching up with family and friends.
I found a similar dish as Charred Green Beans with Burrata and Peaches in Bon Appétit magazine and knew it would be an ideal dish to make for these busy days and nights.
The combination of flavors in this dish is fabulous! What beats sweet, seasonal peaches? Pair them with creamy burrata, crunchy and charred green beans, and tangy balsamic, and you’ve got something special.
Have you ever had burrata cheese? It’s made from a mix of mozzarella cheese and cream, so it looks like fresh mozzarella but is softer and super soft once it’s cut open.
If you can’t find burrata in your grocery store, you could substitute fresh mozzarella instead. Summer is the season for salads (and fresh fruit and veggies), so if you’re looking for a few options, try this Grilled Eggplant, Cherries, and Couscous Salad.
Oooh! And don’t let summer pass you by without making this Mexican Street Corn Salad. It’s been a favorite with my family this year, for sure.
If you have cucumbers in your garden (or you grab them from your grocery shelves like me), this Sweet and Tangy Cucumber Ribbon Salad is refreshing on a hot day.
But seriously? I recommend that you eat all the seasonal peaches you can while they’re available! They could be the fruit mascot of summer, don’t you think? Peaches are a lovely (and maybe unexpected) addition to this salad.
Whatever your summer activities call for, you’re bound to be busy. Grilled Green Beans with Burrata and Peaches is a salad you can toss together quickly for a delightful dish.
Try this seasonal dish for something different, and something you’ll dream about come winter!
Serves Serves 4
This salad was inspired by one I saw in Bon Appétit magazine. It's a fun and easy-to-make summer salad!
5 based on 11 review(s)
- 12 ounces green beans, trimmed, and blanched
- 1-1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 large peaches, cut into wedges
- 8 ounces burrata
- Prepared balsamic glaze
- Pistachios for garnish
- Blanch the green beans by adding them to a skillet of boiling water for just a few minutes, or until they turn bright green. Drain.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. When hot, add the green beans and cook for several minutes, stirring, until the beans are lightly charred. Remove from the heat and season with the black pepper.
- Arrange the peaches on a platter, add the green beans and burrata, and drizzle with the balsamic glaze.
- Add the pistachios over the top and serve.