Chunky Cherry-Chai Granola is the perfect fall granola. The zesty seasoning adds a little warmth to your day. Homemade granola is the best, especially when it’s a little chunky!
When the fall rolls around, people pounce on pumpkin-flavored everything. I mean, I like pumpkin and pumpkin spice as much as the next guy (minus pumpkin lattes), but I personally think we should spend a little more time on chai-seasoned goodies!
That’s why I decided to make Chunky Cherry-Chai Granola. First: homemade granola, y’all. Second: that chai flavor just warms you on a cool day.
I love the flavor of chai. When the temps dip, it’s the perfect time to enjoy all things chai, in my opinion.
Do you make your own granola? If you don’t, you should. I stared making my own recently, and the flavor options are endless. Endless, I tell you!
It doesn’t take much effort or time to whip up a batch, which is good news, and how many ways can you enjoy granola? Mixed in with your yogurt. Sprinkled over ice cream. Added to a fruit crisp. Straight from the container to your mouth.
If you need a few recipes that include crunchy granola, I’ve got you covered: try this No-Bake Strawberry-Banana Cheesecake Parfaits. So good!
Maybe Chocolate, Vanilla, and Strawberry Frozen Yogurt Cups are more your thing. They make a really fun treat for breakfast or dessert.
You could even try your hand at these super-fun No-Bake Monster Cereal Bites. Everyone love them!
Chunky Cherry-Chai Granola is pretty savory thanks to the chai seasoning, but the dried cherries give it a touch of sweetness that’s perfect in this mix. You can easily make this seasoning at home using ground cardamom, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg.
This granola will deliver some chunky clusters for you to easily pick up and pop in your mouth. That’s one of the best things about this recipe! The key to getting those clusters is to grind some of the oats. Seems counterintuitive, but it works!
If you’re thinking about gift giving, this granola is fabulous to package up in a jar and deliver as a homemade gift for the holiday season.
Try your hand at homemade granola. For the fall and winter seasons, this Chunky Cherry-Chai Granola is the perfect option.
Yields About 6 cups
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ground cardamom
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 4 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup cashew pieces
- 1/2 cup pepitas
- 3/4 cup dried cherries
- 1 tablespoon chai seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (or vegetable oil)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- In a small bowl, combine the cardamom, cinnamon, ginger, and cloves. Mix well to combine.
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees F.
- Grind half the oats in a blender or food processor.
- In a large bowl, combine all the oats, cashews, pepitas, chai seasoning, and salt. Toss well to combine.
- In a separate medium bowl, add the coconut oil, honey, and vanilla. Whisk to combine.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and toss well to combine.
- Divide the mixture between two baking pans and spread out flat.
- Bake 17-20 minutes, rotating halfway through baking, until golden.
- Allow the granola to cool completely, then break it up and add it to a bowl. Add the dried cherries at this point, and gently toss to combine.
- Store in a container with a lid.