No Bake Strawberry-Banana Cheesecake Parfaits are the perfect summer treat! Dessert, baby! That’s what I’ve got for you today, and it’s an easy one to make: granola + fresh fruit + cheesecake goodness = delightful dessert. Oh, did I mention there is no oven involved?
I loooove cheesecake but I’m a little intimidated to make it. I’ve made cheesecake before but not with much success, and I haven’t tried to make it again.
Once of these days, I’ll give it a whirl, but today? Today I bring you No Bake Strawberry-Banana Cheesecake Parfaits. It doesn’t get any easier to make this treat, and it tastes like the *real* cheesecake deal.
Grab some granola, some fresh strawberries and bananas, and just a few other ingredients and pile these parfaits high! Guaranteed they will go over well, whether at the end of a special dinner, or as a Sunday afternoon treat.
When you’re ready to put together your parfaits, you can layer the ingredients as you’d like. I used the granola as the “crust” and went from there.
Parfaits are fun to serve and easy to make. Case in point: my recipe for Pear and Ricotta Parfaits with Rosemary-Infused Honey. Oh, and fools, too! Fools are kind of like parfaits. Summertime, with all its wonderful peaches, is a great time to make my Peach Fool with Bourbon.
You probably already know that summers are super hot here in the PHX. When it’s super hot, we avoid the oven like the plague. It’s going to be 115 degrees here this weekend. The 10-day forecast calls for 119 degrees on Tuesday. Yep…
ONE HUNDRED NINETEEN DEGREES!
Yes, I’m shouting because that is sheer lunacy! Okay, so sometimes in the middle of the summer it gets that hot for a day or two.
It gives us something crazy to post on Facebook, and our friends and family in the Midwest and elsewhere are shocked, just as we intended.
But while they’re out picnicking, running around throwing water balloons at each other, and simply riding bikes, we’re sheltered in place in the A/C until it passes.
Now I have to insert the requisite, “But the other nine months of the year in Phoenix are amazing, and that makes putting up with the heat for a while worth it.” It’s totally true.
If I have to make no-bake desserts to keep me happy in the heat (and keep the kitchen cool), so be it. Strawberry and banana are perfect ingredients, but you can use your favorite fruit that you have on hand.
Whether or not it’s hot where you live, No Bake Strawberry-Banana Cheesecake Parfaits are a lovely dessert. Successful cheesecake-making skills not required!
Patricia Conte/Grab a Plate
Serves Serves 4
5 based on 2 review(s)
- 1 cup plain or vanilla-flavored granola, divided
- 16 ounces strawberries, stems removed, hulled, and cut into small pieces
- 1 large (or 2 medium-sized) bananas, sliced into rounds and cut into quarters
- 6 ounces heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Add the strawberry and banana to a bowl and toss to combine. Reserve a few strawberry and banana slices for garnish. Set aside.
- Add the heavy whipping cream to a stand mixer. Add the powdered sugar and mix on high until stiff peaks form. Gently transfer the mixture to another bowl.
- Add the cream cheese, sour cream, and vanilla to the stand mixer. Mix on medium speed until smooth.
- Gently fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture and blend until combined.
- Use 4 (8-ounce) dessert cups, and layer the ingredients into each. Start with granola at the bottom, then the cheesecake mixture, the fruit mixture, a little more granola, more of the cheesecake mixture, and top with the fruit pieces.
- Sprinkle the tops with a bit of the granola.
- Either serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.