Peach, Lavender, and Blackberry Ice Cream was the very first flavor I made back when I finally got my hands on an ice cream maker! You’ll love this unique flavor combo!
Peach, Lavender, and Blackberry Ice Cream offers such an amazing flavor combo. As an herb, the lavender in this recipe provides a hint of floral flavor and pairs so well with the season’s sweet peaches and blackberries.
Peach, Lavender, and Blackberry Ice Cream
It was frustrating to not have an ice cream maker tucked away in my cupboards. Everywhere I landed online, it was as if people were teasing me with mouth-watering photos of creamy, sweet, frozen treats and the delectable descriptions of the recipes they created.
Really, the only thing that kept an ice cream maker out of my house for so long was my lack of storage space. I craved, so I caved, storage space be damned!
The Arizona summers last a looong time so it’s likely I’ll make several batches of Peach, Lavender, and Blackberry Ice Cream! And I’m okay with that!
Never fear, however, if you don’t have an ice cream maker. You can still make ice cream like my No Churn Lemon Pie Ice Cream and my No Churn Plum and Gingersnap Cookie Ice Cream. There are so many options!
If you’re looking for more ways to use up peaches, you must try my Peach Crumble Squares with Bourbon Glaze. Oh, so good!
I also made something a little unusual with peaches this summer, and it’s a winner! Charred Green Beans with Burrata and Peaches makes a fabulous summer salad and it’s so easy to prepare.
Of course, a favorite of mine (and with readers here at Grab a Plate) is my recipe for Fresh Peach Pie “Pop Tarts.” If you haven’t tried them yet, you must!
Take advantage of the season’s fresh fruit. Come winter, I’ll be sad that it won’t be within reach. Of course, you could always learn how to freeze fresh peaches to enjoy later in the year, courtesy of the Peach Truck.
When I was in Ohio, everyone was clamoring to make it to the “Peach Truck.” I hate when I’m out of the loop on something so fab. I know I don’t live there, but I had no idea what everyone was talking about. The Peach Truck makes its way across several states selling fresh Georgia peaches. And they were good!
If the truck makes it to your state (or you have your own fab peaches), grab some while you can to make this Peach, Lavender, and Blackberry Ice Cream. The flavors are fabulous together!
Patricia Conte/Grab a Plate
Use a 1.5-quart ice cream maker for this recipe.
5 based on 2 review(s)
- 1 cup blackberries, washed
- 2 peaches, peeled, pits removed
- 3/4 cups whole milk
- 1-1/2 cups heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons dried lavender buds
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar, plus a bit extra
- Add the blackberries to a bowl along with 2 tablespoons water and a bit of sugar (depending on how sweet your berries are). Use the back of a spoon to mash the berries, and blend them with the water and sugar. Set aside.
- Slice the peaches away from the pits. Add the peaches to a food processor and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Add the milk, 1/2 cup sugar, and lavender to a saucepan over low heat. Stir until the sugar dissolves. Keep on low heat for 5-8 minutes.
- Strain the milk mixture and discard the lavender buds. Allow the liquid to come to room temperature, then whisk in the heavy cream and the peach purée. Refrigerate this mixture for about an hour.
- Add the milk-peach mixture to the frozen freezer bowl of your ice cream maker. Follow your ice cream maker instructions to thicken the mixture (I let mine run for about 20 minutes).
- Pour half the mixture into a freezer-safe container with a lid. Layer half the blackberry mixture over the ice cream. Repeat with the remaining ice cream and blackberry mixtures.
- Freeze overnight.
This recipe yields about 5 cups using a 1.5-quart ice cream maker.