No Churn Cracker Jack Ice Cream with Chocolate-Covered Peanuts is a fun treat that will make you grab a large spoon and smile! When you need to celebrate, this is the ice cream you’ll want to serve — no ice cream maker required.
Ice cream might not come to mind as a recipe for the fall season, but I beg to differ! No Churn Cracker Jack Ice Cream with Chocolate-Covered Peanuts is such a fun treat for any time of year.
They’re still playing baseball out there, right? It’s maybe a strange season, but this ice cream could be the ultimate baseball treat! The crunchy Cracker Jack with the chocolate-covered peanuts is so good, and so baseball, don’t you think? (Bet you’re singing “Take Me Out to the Ball Game,” right now, aren’t you?)
I love all the Cracker Jack and the chocolate-covered peanuts combined! Here’s a tip: drizzle caramel sauce over the top of this ice cream before serving. You don’t have to, but I highly recommend it.
No Churn Cracker Jack Ice Cream with Chocolate-Covered Peanuts
I’m an ice cream lover, and I’m a Cracker Jack lover too. My husband knows what I like, and he came home from picking up groceries recently with what seemed like a Costco-sized package of Cracker Jack. I’ve been enjoying it, and at some point, I decided to combine it with ice cream.
We had some celebrating to do this week. We held a family Zoom call to celebrate my little niece’s birthday. What’s better for a birthday than ice cream! If we were all together I definitely would have served this, to everyone’s delight.
I’m a little obsessed with ice cream, and I actually do eat it all year long. It started with me only eating it during the hot summers in Phoenix. Somehow, it morphed into an all-year-long treat!
Don’t fret if you don’t have an ice cream maker. You can easily make this Cracker Jack ice cream.
Try a few of my other no churn ice cream recipes:
I told you I’m a little obsessed with ice cream! Whatever the season, a special treat is always welcome.
Try Cracker Jack Ice Cream with Chocolate-Covered Peanuts the next time you have the urge for ice cream. This is easy to make and so fun to serve!
Patricia Conte/Grab a Plate
Yields About 3 pints
5 based on 6 review(s)
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup Cracker Jacks
- 1/3 cup shelled peanuts
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 teaspoon vegetable shortening
- Optional: caramel sauce to drizzle
- Place a sheet of parchment or waxed paper on a baking sheet and set aside.
- Microwave the chocolate chips and vegetable shortening for about 15 seconds. Microwave again for another 15 seconds. Stir until the chips are melted and the shortening is mixed in.
- A little at a time, add the peanuts to the melted chocolate mixture. Use a fork to dip them into the chocolate and bring them back up, and allow the excess chocolate to drizzle back into the bowl.
- Place the peanuts on the baking sheet, trying to keep them from touching. Leave them on the baking sheet until the chocolate sets.
- Add the heavy cream to a stand mixer and beat on high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold in the sweetened condensed milk and use a wooden spoon or spatula to combine.
- Next, fold the chocolate-covered peanuts into the mixture.
- Transfer half the mixture to a 9x5x3-inch loaf pan or another container. Spread out the mixture evenly. Add half the Cracker Jacks over the top and gently stir them into the mixture.
- Continue with the remaining mixture then add the remaining Cracker Jacks and stir them in. Place several over the top and press down lightly.
- Freeze for several hours, or overnight. The ice cream will not be a little softer than typical hard-packed ice cream.
- Remove from the freezer and drizzle the caramel sauce over the top.