If you love lemon pie and ice cream, No Churn Lemon Pie Ice Cream combines the flavors of those two fabulous desserts into one delicious dish! It’s the ultimate treat that’s perfect on a hot day — or a not so hot day. You do you!
Have you ever wondered how to make ice cream, especially if you don’t have an ice cream maker at home? I avoided buying an ice cream maker for a while because, hello zero extra cupboard space?
It’s quite easy to make my favorite frozen treat without an ice cream maker. In fact, it’s a little too easy if you catch my drift. This recipe for No Churn Lemon Pie Ice Cream is the perfect example of how to get a batch of a delicious and creamy frozen treat on the table without another kitchen appliance.
If you’ve been searching for a lemon pie recipe, try my Lemon Meringue Tartlets. So good, and so springy!
I don’t want to forget to mention that this lemony treat is super delicious. Case in point: before the ice cream was even frozen, my husband and I were licking the spatulas and using our fingers to swipe up every bit of the mixture from the mixing bowl. No joke!
While we were out running errands, my eye caught a poster on the window of an ice cream shop for lemon pie ice cream. Of course while I was grocery shopping and filling up with gas and hitting the ATM, I couldn’t stop thinking about that fun flavor. It’s like two desserts in one!
I’ve had a big bowl of lemons been sitting on my kitchen counter, just waiting to be used. These were some of the last of the season from my tree in the backyard. Light bulb moment!
I used prepared lemon curd in this recipe, but if you’d like to make your own, or just try an adorable and delicious treat, check out my recipe for Mini Sugar Cookie Cups with Lemon Curd.
No Churn Lemon Pie Ice Cream has turned out to be my new favorite. I’ve made a bunch of other ice cream recipes like No Churn Orange-Cardamom Ice Cream, No Churn Plum & Gingersnap Cookie Ice Cream, and even a flavor for the ice cream maker like Peach, Lavender and Blackberry Ice Cream. I love them all, but this week’s favorite is definitely the lemon pie flavor!
Not that you need an excuse to enjoy ice cream (I never do), but the weather is warming up. Celebrate with a batch of No Churn Lemon Pie Ice Cream!
Yields Makes about 4 pints
5 based on 5 review(s)
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 5 tablespoons lemon curd
- 1/2 cup graham crackers crumbs
- Add the heavy cream to a stand mixer and beat on high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold in the sweetened condensed milk and use a spatula to combine.
- Add the lemon juice and zest and gently mix.
- Add 1/4 cup of the graham cracker crumbs and reserve the rest for later.
- Transfer the mixture to a 9x5x3-inch loaf pan or another container. Spread out the mixture evenly and freeze for about an hour.
- Remove from the freezer and dollop 4 tablespoons of the lemon curd over the top of the ice cream. Next, add almost all of the remaining graham cracker crumbs over the top (reserve about 1 tablespoon). Use a knife to swirl the curd and crumbs into the ice cream. Spread out the mixture evenly.
- Add the remaining curd and swirl it with a knife, just on the top of the mixture. Sprinkle with the remaining crumbs.
- Freeze until it reaches your desired consistency, at least 5 hours.
I used prepared lemon curd for this recipe, but you could make your own. If you make your own (check my recipe in this post) Be sure to allow it to cool before using.