Grilled Spicy Coconut-Lime Shrimp Skewers should be on your menu for grilling season. The spiciness paired with the sweet coconut flavor is a perfect match. I should mention that this is a super-easy dish to make. It’s perfect anytime!
For me, it’s not even close to the end of summer. My grill will be going for months here in Phoenix, and I know you’ve probably got plenty of grill time left, too. So don’t wave goodbye to the season before you make these Grilled Spicy Coconut-Lime Shrimp Skewers.
Craving coconut in another form? Give my Coconut-Lime White Chocolate Chip Cookies a try!
I was lucky that this shrimp dish came to mind when I couldn’t think of too many other things to make for dinner. I’ve had so much chicken lately — not that there’s anything wrong with that — and I was looking for something a little different, but still easy to make.
This recipe came together so quickly and took even less time to cook. Bing, bang, dinner!
If you can’t get enough of grilled chicken, you should try this Jerk Chicken recipe. It’s b-i-g on flavor!
Another tasty chicken option is this Grilled Chicken with Cherry-Chile Sauce recipe. I love the addition of cherries.
What’s your favorite thing to grill in the summer? We probably grill four nights a week and we grill all sorts of stuff, from flatbreads to salmon to dessert. I mean, who wants a hot kitchen on a warm summer night?
Grilled Spicy Coconut-Lime Shrimp Skewers
These Grilled Spicy Coconut-Lime Shrimp Skewers are super-tasty. I usually always have coconut milk in the pantry and limes and cilantro in the fridge. Oh, and chili garlic sauce —ALWAYS!
If you don’t have chili garlic sauce on hand, no worries. Just use your favorite hot sauce and two cloves of minced garlic.
Don’t skip out on this dish before the summer’s over! Grilled Spicy Coconut-Lime Shrimp Skewers will make dinner a welcome treat.
Patricia Conte/Grab a Plate
Serves Serves 4
5 based on 3 review(s)
- 20 large shrimp with tails on
- 10 ounces coconut milk
- Juice from one small lime
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili garlic sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2-3 tablespoons shredded sweetened coconut
- Lime slices and fresh cilantro for garnish
- In a medium bowl, combine the coconut milk, lime juice, chili garlic sauce, ginger, black pepper, and red pepper flakes. Whisk to combine.
- Add the mixture to a shallow container, or a large zippered baggie, and add the shrimp. Make sure the liquid covers all the shrimp.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, to an hour.
- Discard the liquid and thread the shrimp onto metal skewers.
- Grill the skewers on medium-high heat for 8-10 minutes, turning once.
- Add the skewers to a platter and when the shrimp is still warm, sprinkle the shredded coconut over the shrimp.
- Garnish with the lime and cilantro.