This Smoked Salmon Salad with Blueberries and Lemon Poppy Seed Dressing is the kind of meal to make when you want nothing to do with turning on your oven. It’s perfect for the warm weather months! You’ll love the flavors and how easy it is to make the dressing.
If you’ve seen my recent post for grilled salmon tacos with fresh cherry-chipotle salsa, you know about the crazy-hot weather here in Phoenix still. Much of the country has been cooling down a bit, but not in Phoenix. This Smoked Salmon Salad with Blueberries and Lemon Poppy Seed Dressing is ideal to make when you don’t want to mess with turning on the oven!
I love simple salads like this that offer big flavor. They’re easy to make, hearty, and delicious, too! Homemade dressing is always easy to make and usually only requires a few ingredients. Use up those blueberries as we near the end of summer and toss them in!
Salads are always go-to meals in my house, but I’m guilty of going with the usual same old, same old. Not today!
Smoked salmon salad with blueberries and lemon poppy seed dressing is anything but routine. The smoky salmon with the spicy onion and the sweet blueberries make a flavorful combination. Toss in some crunchy pistachios and top it off with a fabulous dressing, and you’re got a delicious and filling meal.
If you like a touch of fruit in your green salads, check out my kale-quinoa salad with orange vinaigrette. The quinoa adds a nice bit of heartiness to the salad. Maybe you’re more into the classics like this kale Cobb salad with buttermilk ranch dressing. There are so many good things tossed into this one.
I don’t want to overlook the lemon poppy seed dressing, today. It’s the crowning glory, after all. It’s so easy to make your own dressing at home, and there are no questionable ingredients included. This dressing goes with just about any salad you toss together, too. Add it to your to-make list!
I hope you’re getting some hot-weather relief wherever you are! As the summer season sneaks it’s way out, smoked salmon salad with blueberries and lemon poppy seed dressing will do nicely for any meal.
Patricia Conte/Grab a Plate
Yields Serves 2
This salad serves two, but you can easily double the recipe. You may have some leftover dressing.
5 based on 4 review(s)
- Half a large bunch of Romaine lettuce, washed and torn into bite-sized pieces
- 3-4 ounces smoked salmon, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 red onion, sliced thin
- 1/3 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup pistachios
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Champagne vinegar
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried mustard
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- Lemon wedges for garnish
- In a medium bowl, combine the mayonnaise, milk, lemon juice, Champagne vinegar, agave nectar, salt, pepper, dried mustard, and poppy seeds. Whisk to combine. Adjust the seasoning as needed.
- Transfer the lettuce to a platter.
- Scatter the salmon, red onion, blueberries, and pistachios over the top of the lettuce.
- Drizzle with the dressing and serve immediately.