Easy Everything Hummus with Homemade Seasoning is the easiest snack I can think to make. Creamy and oh-so-flavorful, this hummus is totally delicious and dip-able. The fabulous seasoning comes together in less than a minute. Seriously!
I’m a hummus person and I love any and all flavors. Have you tried different hummus mixtures at home?
Yes, I said DESSERT hummus! Honey-Mango Dessert Hummus is definitely something to try!
Easy Everything Hummus with Homemade Seasoning makes a fabulous snack!
Who doesn’t love bagels for breakfast, and beyond, frankly? Think about it. How excited do you get when someone at work exclaims, “Bagels in the conference room!”
Personally, I’m thrilled when my hubs runs out on a weekend morning and returns with those doughy delights! My favorite? An everything bagel.
Everything miiiight not be my first choice for a bagel at work. With my luck, I’d go meeting-to-meeting with poppy seeds stuck in my teeth without anyone kindly letting me know!
It’s really easy to turn garbanzo beans (sometimes called chickpeas) into a heavenly dish of hummus as a yummy appetizer. And with this homemade seasoning, you can have the same flavors as my favorite bagel.
A friend told me Trader Joe’s sells a seasoning called Everything But the Bagel Sesame Seasoning Blend. She said she puts it on pretty much anything and everything. Yum!
Like my recipe says, Easy Everything Hummus with Homemade Seasoning includes, well, homemade seasoning.
You only need a few ingredients to make this seasoning (as well as the hummus): toasted sesame seeds, poppy seeds, dried minced garlic, dried minced onion, and sea salt. Sometimes I add black sesame seeds to the mix if I have it on hand. Up to you.
Easy Everything Hummus with Homemade Seasoning makes for a great post-work or anytime snack (and no embarrassing poppy-seed-in-the-teeth issues). Heads up: this dip will be fantastic to serve on Game Day.
Whip up a batch soon! You’ll be amazed by the big flavor for little effort. Serve Easy Everything Hummus with Homemade Seasoning as an appetizer, snack, or as part of your meal.
Patricia Conte/Grab a Plate
Serves About 4 cups
5 based on 4 review(s)
- 2 (15-ounce) cans garbanzo beans (or chickpeas), drained and rinsed (reserve 1/4 cup of the liquid)
- 1 garlic clove, flattened and smashed with some sea salt and the back of a knife until it forms into a paste
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3-4 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2-3 tablespoons of the reserved liquid from the chickpeas
- 1 tablespoon dried minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 3/4 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt (or a bit more)
- Place all the ingredients in a small bowl and mix. Set aside.
- Add the garbanzo beans, garlic, lemon juice, Greek yogurt, and cumin to a food processor. Blend, and stream in the olive oil as you’re blending.
- Stream in some of the garbanzo bean liquid as you’re blending to keep the mixture smooth. Blend for 3 minutes or so.
- Remove from the food processor and transfer to a plate or bowl.
- Sprinkle the seasoning over the top of them hummus and serve with crackers, vegetables, or pita bread.