Delicious and healthy snacks can help you add variety to your regular rotation of options to keep food fun. I’d like to share two of my favorite snacks with you — Roasted Garlic and Sun-Dried Tomato Hummus and FAGE Total Split Cups. The hummus recipe is savory and easy to master, and the yogurt is a little something sweet and easy to grab on the go!
This post is sponsored by FAGE, but all thoughts and opinions here are my own.
I don’t know about you, but I’m a snacker. Whether I’m working at home (more like ESPECIALLY if I’m working at home!) or if I’m in an office for a client, I always try to have healthy snack options on hand.
For me, snacking can be a grab-and-go option, like a little bag of almonds or dried fruit. Sometimes it can be a little more luxurious and decadent (while still being healthy). FAGE Total Split Cups yogurt is a sweeter something I reach for.
FAGE Total Split Cups are made from all-natural Greek strained yogurt and include fruit toppings to mix in. I love that there are different options available when it comes to fat content. I like the FAGE Total 2% variety, and of course all the available fruit flavors, too! Cherry is my favorite and measures in at 120 calories for a serving.
The Split Cups are also great for breakfast because they pack a protein punch to keep you going (there is more protein than sugar in the 2% varieties — 12 grams). I love them for snacks…and for dessert, too!
Not only are these cups protein rich, but they’re rich and creamy, too.
If you’re in an office with a fridge, FAGE Total Split Cups are perfect to take along as a mid-day snack. You can pack them in your kids’ lunch bags, or indulge in them after your afternoon workout. They’re perfect to help you maintain your healthy lifestyle goals.
I hope you’ll check out the FAGE Total Split Cups yogurt in your favorite fruit option. Find a store near you that carries them.
I love to make snack options myself, too, because I tend to get a bit of the grab-and-go burnout, even when I’m not going anywhere. It’s not difficult to make healthy snacks on your own, and it doesn’t have to be time consuming. Enter roasted garlic and sun-dried tomato hummus!
roasted garlic and sun-dried tomato hummus
This hummus is a tasty and easy-to-make snack option. It’s perfect to keep your options flavorful and healthy.
Hummus is one of my favorite savory snack options, whether it’s during the day, or something that I put out when people are over. The combination of roasted garlic (don’t worry — roasting the garlic mellows out the flavor) and sun-dried tomatoes in this recipe is divine.
For more tasty hummus recipes, check out these options:
This hummus includes white cannellini beans, a whole head of roasted garlic (YUM!), sun-dried tomatoes, lemon juice, and some other seasonings to tie it all together. Easy-peasy. No fuss, no muss. Dig in with some rice cakes or veggies for a wonderful snack that doesn’t take long to make, and that adds another snacking option to your week.
Let me know if you prefer something savory or sweet when it comes to snack time. Will you reach for a sweet but healthy FAGE Total Split Cup or whip up your own batch of hummus? When you’re ready for hummus, try this recipe for an easy and tasty option.
Patricia Conte/Grab a Plate
Yields Makes about 2 cups
4 based on 1 review(s)
- 1 head garlic
- 1 (15-ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, plus extra to drizzle
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained
- Salt, black pepper, and red pepper flakes to taste
- (Optional) Fresh parsley as garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Slice off the very top of a head of garlic (keep the peel on) and drizzle it with a little olive oil. Wrap it in aluminum foil.
- Bake for about 40 minutes or until the garlic is soft. When done, carefully unwrap it, and squeeze out the cloves.
- Place the cloves in a food processor along with the beans, olive oil, lemon juice, Parmesan cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, salt, black pepper, and red pepper.
- Blend until smooth. Taste and adjust the seasoning as needed.
- Garnish with parsley and a drizzle of olive oil, and serve along with your favorite crackers and vegetables.