Easy “Big Mac” Salad is what you should toss together when you feel a Big Mac attack coming on! This salad is a fun dish to serve and it tastes so much like the real deal, you won’t miss the bun.
I’m not much of a fast-food eater except for road trips and the random craving that won’t disappear! My go-to when the need/craving arises? A Big Mac from McDonald’s. I mean… if I’m going to splurge, I’m going to make it worth my while! If you love Big Macs, you’ll love this easy “Big Mac salad.”
Easy Big Mac Salad
This easy “Big Mac” salad is like the real deal, minus the drive-thru and the bun! Seriously. As I ate it, I texted two sisters and a friend to tell them how much it tasted Just. Like. A Big Mac.
The copycat dressing (or special sauce) is one I picked up from Women’s Day. There are a million copycat recipes for the secret sauce (and apparently McDonald’s used to sell it, too) but this one sounded the best to me.
I had all the ingredients I needed for this salad except for the sweet pickle relish. I needed to place a grocery order, so I added the relish to my list.
Folks: although you probably have everything you need in your kitchen to make this salad, do not skip out on the sweet pickle relish. The dressing/sauce tastes like the real deal and I think the relish makes it happen! I was impressed and eager to get this salad on the table.
Looking for more interesting salads? Try one of these Grab a Plate recipes:
- Mexican Street Corn Salad
- Sweet and Tangy Cucumber Ribbon Salad
- Grilled Romaine Salad with Caesar Dressing
I’ve seen this “Big Mac” salad before and have always wanted to try it. I guess my craving was my inspiration. I’m glad I tried this and will definitely make it again.
I made and ate the salad, quite satisfied with my meal. After I sang the old McDonald’s Big Mac jingle from way back when (two all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce cheese, pickles, onions on a sesame seed bun), I realized that I had forgotten to add onions to my easy “Big Mac” salad! Next time, for sure.
Skip the drive through and make yourself this easy “Big Mac” salad. It’d be great with a side of fries and maybe a slice of apple pie!
Patricia Conte/Grab a Plate
Serves Serves 2-4
5 based on 9 review(s)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons French dressing
- 4 teaspoons sweet pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon finely minced white onion (I used dehydrated onion)
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups shredded Iceburg lettuce
- 1/2 pound cooked ground beef seasoned with salt and pepper, drained
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar or Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- Dill pickle slices as garnish
- Sesame seeds
- Mix all the ingredients and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Add the lettuce and ground beef (allow it to cool to room temperature) to a large bowl.
- Add the shredded cheese, onion, and 3/4 of the dressing/sauce. Toss to mix well.
- Transfer to bowls and add several pickles as garnish, along with a sprinkling of the sesame seeds.