Curry-Roasted Delicata Squash is a fabulous side dish to serve this season. The flavors here are tasty and this recipe is as easy as they come – what a great way to enjoy your veggies!
It’s the perfect time to share delicious side dish recipes, just in time for Thanksgiving. I’ve gotta say, though, I love making Curry-Roasted Delicata Squash all season long!
You can add pretty much any sort of seasoning you like to the squash before roasting it, but I was especially in love with the curry-based seasoning here. It’s a lot of great flavor for such an easy side dish. I think a Parmesan coating would be lovely, or a Mexican-inspired seasoning with some spice, too.
Have you ever tried Delicata squash? They’re fairly small, striped, and they have a soft skin that is edible. Yeah, it’s a vegetable, but it’s technically a fruit. You know – one of those weird veggie-fruit sorts like tomatoes and eggplant.
Delicata squash is mostly served roasted, but if you can think of another way, let me know. I love it roasted, and even ate the leftovers cold the next day. With that said, they’re perfect to toss into a salad.
Here’s a fabulous recipe by Two Peas & Their Pod for a Roasted Delicata Squash Salad. It’s lovely!
How to Prepare the Curry-Roasted Delicata Squash
- Cut off the ends of the squash.
- Carfeully cut the squash in half, lengthwise.
- Use a spoon to gently scoop out the seeds and stringy pieces.
- Lay the squash on the cutting board, cut side down.
- Cut 1/4-inch half rounds.
- Lightly oil a baking pan.
- Toss the squash pieces in a large bowl with the seasoning and remaining olive oil.
- Place the squash pieces on the baking pan, roast and enjoy!
Looking for more tasty squash recipes? Check out these ideas:
Easy, Creamy Butternut Squash Soup
Acorn Squash Stuffed with Brown Rice, Mushrooms, and Cranberries
Winter Squash, White Bean, and Spinach Sauté
Curry-Roasted Delicata Squash is such an easy side to prepare, and a great way to get a tasty veggie on the table. Will you try it? Let me know if you do, and tell me what you think!
Patricia Conte/Grab a Plate
Serves Serves 4
5 based on 9 review(s)
- 2 medium-sized Delicata squash, ends trimmed, cut lengthwise, and seeds and strands scraped from the middle. Cut into 1/4-inch half rounds.
- 1-1/2-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Add 1/2 tablespoon olive oil to a baking pan to coat it.
- Add the salt, curry powder, turmeric, smoked paprika, garlic powder, and black pepper to a small bowl and mix together.
- Add the squash pieces to a bowl. Sprinkle the seasoning mixture over the squash, along with about 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Use your hands to toss the squash and coat with the seasoning mixture and oil.
- Transfer the squash pieces to the baking pan in a single layer.
- Cook for about 15 minutes, then flip them over. Cook for another 12-15 minutes, or until they are soft and begin to caramelize.
- Transfer to a serving dish.
Kathryn Donangelo says
Erin | Dinners,Dishes and Dessert says
Monica Simpson says
Sandra McCollum says