Creamy Skillet Veggies with Homemade Drop Biscuits is an easy dish to make and..those biscuits! Creamy, comforting, and delicious, this skillet dish is hearty and so easy to make with any veggies you have on hand.
I loooove biscuits! You, too? Then you gotta try this recipe for Creamy Skillet Veggies with Homemade Drop Biscuits. These biscuits could not be easier to make, and they are perfect to soak up all the creamy goodness in this comforting dish!
Creamy Skillet Veggies with Homemade Drop Biscuits
It’s been a little challenging for some of us to get our hands on all the ingredients we want right now. Enter this simple recipe: got frozen veggies in the freezer? Maybe you have some leftovers hanging around in the fridge just waiting to be used? This is your dish!
This is one of those use-what-you’ve-got recipes, and it’s also pretty delicious! It’s perfect on a Meatless Monday, or any other day of the week, really.
I’m already thinking of how I can make these drop biscuits for a tasty breakfast dish! I’ll keep you posted!
I originally shared this recipe years ago, and it’s been a favorite ever since. Biscuits don’t have to be complicated to make. This recipe calls for just a few ingredients. After mixing everything together, you simply drop the dough over the vegetables in this dish, and there you have it!
I added fresh thyme to the biscuit mixture, which was a nice complement to all the vegetables in this dish. If you don’t like the veggies I included in this recipe, add your favorites to the mix. There was really no rhyme or reason for what I chose. I mostly wanted to use what I had on hand.
Do you love easy, one-pan meals? Try my Zucchini-Thyme Frittata for Two.
Creamy Skillet Veggies with Homemade Drop Biscuits is total comfort food. It will make you feel cozy, and bring a delicious warmth to your table.
For more of my skillet recipes, try one of the following:
Creamy Skillet Swiss Chard and Chickpeas with Crunchy Breadcrumbs
Creamy Lemon Chicken with Broccoli
I can’t wait to hear what you think about Creamy Skillet Veggies with Homemade Drop Biscuits! I wonder if they’ll become a favorite of yours, too?
This makes a filling vegetarian meal on a cold day -- it's so comforting!
4.9 based on 7 review(s)
- 2 cups green beans, ends trimmed, and cut into thirds
- 2 cups kale leaves, removed from stem and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup zucchini, cut into rounds, then quartered
- 1 cup red bell pepper, seeds and membrane removed, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 cup flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon cold butter, cut into cubes
- 5 ounces milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine all the vegetables and the garlic into a large bowl and toss to combine.
- Add the butter to an ovenproof skillet over medium heat. When melted, add the flour and whisk to combine, stirring constantly. Add the salt and black pepper.
- After a minute or so, add the milk, a little at a time, stirring constantly until smooth. Add the hot sauce and stir to combine.
- Remove the skillet from the heat. Add the Parmesan and stir to combine.
- Add the vegetables into the skillet and stir so all are coated with the sauce.
- Add the flour to a medium-sized bowl along with the baking powder, salt, and thyme. Whisk to combine. Add the butter to the dry mixture, and use a pastry cutter or two forks, to mix it in.
- A little at a time, add the milk to the mixture and stir until combined. The dough should be a wet and very soft.
- Spoon the dough mixture over the vegetables in the skillet into 6 even rounds, all around the top, to form the biscuits.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until the mixture is bubbly and the biscuits are golden.
- Remove from the oven and serve warm.