Cranberry-Orange White Chocolate Chip Cookies are perfect for the season! I used fresh cranberries for these treats (you can use dried) that everyone will love.
Cookies, cookies, and more cookies! I feel like they’ve been my main food group lately! But it’s that time of year, right?
If you want cookies, I’ve got a good one for you today! I made Cranberry-Orange White Chocolate Chip Cookies after Thanksgiving this year, and they’ll be on the menu for a while. They’re perfect for the season! The cranberries look like little jewels tucked inside.
I have to say, white chocolate chips in my cookies aren’t generally my first choice when I pick a cookie at the bakery. I mean, I don’t turn them down, but they’re not my typical first choice.
I’ll definitely choose these again and again, though. The first time I made them I used dried cranberries. They were good, but boy were they sweet! If you use dried cranberries, I would definitely cut back on the sugar a bit.
Fresh cranberries aren’t usually available year-round, so enjoy them while you can! This time of year, cookies are front and center, so take advantage of these goodies. The added orange flavor is really nice to combine with the cranberries. I used both orange zest and orange extract.
If you need Christmas cookies for your loved ones here are a few of my favorites: Orange-Amaretto Pizzelle Cookies (I’m making them again today). They’re so pretty and I love their bit of crispiness.
Linzer Cookies with Homemade Orange Marmalade are another really pretty cookie option that’s perfect for the season. I used oranges from my backyard tree to make the marmalade, but you could use your favorite jelly.
My family always has biscotti at the holidays, and these Chocolate-Espresso Dipped Orange & Pistachio Biscotti are a real treat!
If you’d like, make a batch of Cranberry-Orange White Chocolate Chip Cookies to give away. I found a fun way to package cookies and I’m obsessed! Fun Squared uses empty Pringles cans and decorates them with craft paper and ribbon. I used Washi tape on mine. It was so easy and so cute!
When it comes to Christmas cookies, make these Cranberry-Orange White Chocolate Chip Cookies for the season. I’ve been making them since Thanksgiving and truly enjoying them!
Patricia Conte/Grab a Plate
Yields Makes 2 dozen
5 based on 1 review(s)
- 1-2/3 cups flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoons orange extract
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 1 cup fresh cranberries, chopped
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
- In a medium bowl, add the flour, baking soda, and salt. Whisk to combine and set aside.
- Use a mixer to blend the butter and sugars until smooth. Add the egg, orange extract, and orange zest and mix to combine.
- A little at a time, add the flour mixture. Stir to combine. Fold in the cranberries and the white chocolate chips.
- Chill the dough for several hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Let the dough come to room temperature, then drop by a heaping tablespoon onto the baking sheets about two inches apart.
- Bake for 11-14 minutes or until the edges of the cookies are golden.
- Allow the cookies to sit on the baking sheets for a few minutes, then transfer to a baking rack.