Sugar Cookie Fruit Pizza is perfect right now: it’s party and picnic time, people! If you want to delight a crowd with a dessert that’s easy to make, try my Sugar Cookie Fruit Pizza. Top it with your favorite fruit and arrange it in your own special way for a pretty “pizza.”
Can you believe the July Fourth holiday is just days away? Time flies, for sure. In fact, my husband and I didn’t even make plans to get outta Dodge (it’s prime time to head out of town if you live in Phoenix).
So, unless we make a spur of the moment decision to put the dog in the car and drive to the beach with the rest of Phoenix, we’ll be hanging at home. Surely some of our friends didn’t think ahead, either, so there will likely be parties to head to.
If you need another dessert for last-minute parties or guests stopping by, try my recipe for Grilled Angel Food Cake with Roasted Blueberries. It’s so convenient because once you’ve got your grill going for the main dish, you can use it to make a great dessert, too!
Sugar Cookie Dessert Pizza is the thing that you’ll want to take along to any holiday parties. I use my favorite sugar cookie recipe for the base. It’s the same recipe I use to make Mini Sugar Cookie Cups with Lemon Curd, and Cinnamon-Pretzel Crunch Cookies.
What makes this dessert so easy is that you can use whatever fruit you have on hand, and arrange it however you’d like. It’s a fun project for the kids to help with, too. I used some canned fruit like Mandarin oranges, as well as fresh fruit like kiwi and blueberries.
You could get really creative and make a red, white, and blue design, too (strawberries or raspberries with blueberries or blackberries). If you don’t want to decide, just make two dessert pizzas!
I’m telling you, this dessert pizza is super easy: a sweet and simple sugar cookie followed with a cream cheese and Greek yogurt spread and topped with your favorite fruit. It doesn’t get any more delicious!
Try this Sugar Cookie Dessert Pizza to take to or serve at your next party or picnic. Everyone will be thrilled!
Patricia @ Grab a Plate
- 1/2 cup butter at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose baking flour
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 5 ounces plain Greek yogurt
- 1-2 tablespoons powdered sugar, to taste
- 3 tablespoons toasted coconut
- Fruit of choice: I used canned Mandarin oranges (about 1/3 cup), 4 kiwi (sliced), and about 1/3 cup blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly coat a 10-inch pizza pan with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Cream the butter with a mixer for about 1 minute.
- Combine the sugar, baking soda, and cream of tartar in a small bowl, and whisk.
- Add the dry sugar mixture to the butter, and blend for about 1 minute. Add the egg and vanilla and blend until smooth.
- Add the flour to the mixture, a little at a time, and blend until the flour is incorporated.
- Press the dough onto the pizza pan to almost the edge of the pan. Use your fingers to press it out evenly.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes or until lightly golden. Remove from the oven let it cool completely.
- Once cool, transfer to a round platter that’s slightly larger than the crust.
- In a mixer, blend the softened cream cheese. Fold in the yogurt and combine. Add the powdered sugar and combine. Taste, and adjust as needed.
- After the crust has completely cooled, spread the mixture over the crust in an even layer, out to the edges.
- Arrange the fruit over the top. Refrigerate until ready to serve, cut into slices.
Use your favorite fruit as the topping for this delicious dessert!