Pumpkin Butter Sriracha Baked Chicken Wings are a fabulous option for the season! I’ve mixed pumpkin butter with some seasonings and spice for these tasty chicken wings! It’s a bit of a non-traditional flavor combo but so good!
Who’s been watching football games, gathering for book clubs, or thinking about a Halloween get together (here’s a fun Halloween party treat!)? You should definitely add Pumpkin Butter Sriracha Baked Chicken Wings to the menu! They’re easy to make and a crowd pleaser, too.
I had a jar of pumpkin butter that I used in a recipe that totally failed the first time around. I know, right – what’s a gal to do? Never fear: I finally got it right for this recipe for Pumpkin and Walnut Rugelach Cookies!
One of my favorite flavor combos is sweet-and-spicy, and what better way to enjoy it than on chicken wings. Baked, no less! I’ve shared this recipe before, and it’s a good one.
Pumpkin Butter Sriracha Baked Chicken Wings
Pumpkin Butter Sriracha Baked Chicken Wings are all about flavor. Along with a pinch of ground cumin, I added fresh ginger to the mix, which I think is a must. It adds a bright flavor to the sauce. The coating is rich and thick, so grab yourself a few napkins before you sit down.
You don’t have to wait for the weekend, or game time to enjoy these wings (although they’re a great addition to any party). They’re so easy to make, you can enjoy them as part of your meal during the week, too.
I served these wings with leftover mac and cheese (check out this pumpkin mac and cheese recipe), and a green salad for a complete meal. Good stuff!
These wings aren’t crispy. If you’d like them on the crispier side, you could bake them a bit first, without the sauce, then brush it on and continue baking.
Hungry for more pumpkin-based recipes? Try one of these:
Add some seasonal flavors to your meal and try these Pumpkin Butter Sriracha Baked Chicken Wings. They’re delicious and perfect this time of year.
You'll love the sweet-and-spicy flavor of these baked chicken wings. Grab a napkin or two before digging in!
5 based on 8 review(s)
- 1-1/2 pounds chicken wings
- 1/2 cup pumpkin butter
- 3 tablespoons Sriracha
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Parsley leaves for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil and lightly coat it with the nonstick cooking spray.
- To a saucepan over medium-low heat, add the pumpkin butter, Sriracha, water, honey, tomato paste, ginger, salt, and black pepper. Stir until the mixture is combined and smooth.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce to low heat.
- Brush the tops of the wings with the sauce and bake for about 20 minutes. Flip the wings, brush with the mixture, and cook for another 15 minutes.
- When cooked through, flip the wings a final time, and thickly brush them with the mixture.
- Place under the broiler for several minutes, watching closely so they don’t burn.
- Remove from the oven and serve warm garnished with the parsley leaves.
These chicken wings are not crispy. If you'd like to add a bit of crispiness, try baking them for a bit prior to adding the sauce and continuing until done.