Pumpkin Butter Sriracha Baked Chicken Wings are a fabulous option for the season! I’ve mixed pumpkin butter with some seasonings and spice for these tasty chicken wings! It’s a bit of a non-traditional flavor combo but so good!
I had a jar of pumpkin butter in my possession for a recipe that totally failed the first time around. I know, right – what’s a gal to do? Never fear: I finally got it right for this recipe for Pumpkin and Walnut Rugelach Cookies!
One of my favorite flavor combos is sweet-and-spicy, and what better way to enjoy it than on chicken wings. Baked, no less!
Pumpkin Butter Sriracha Baked Chicken Wings are all about flavor. Along with a pinch of ground cumin, I added fresh ginger to the mix, which I think is a must. It adds a bright flavor to the sauce. The coating is rich and thick, so grab yourself a few napkins before you sit down.
You don’t have to wait for the weekend, or game time to enjoy these wings (although they’re a great addition to any party). They’re so easy to make, you can enjoy them as part of your meal during the week, too.
I served these wings with leftover mac and cheese, and a green salad for a complete meal. Good stuff!
These wings aren’t crispy. If you’d like them on the crispier side, you could bake them a bit first, without the sauce, then brush it on and continue baking.
Add some seasonal flavors to your meal and try these Pumpkin Butter Sriracha Baked Chicken Wings. Not your usual flavors for chicken, but delicious all the same.
Hungry for more chicken recipes? Try one of these:
Grilled Chicken with Cherry-Chile Sauce
Smoky Chicken Sandwiches with Chipotle Orange Pineapple Sauce
Moroccan Skillet Chicken with Green Beans
You'll love the sweet-and-spicy flavor of these baked chicken wings. Grab a napkin or two before digging in!
5 based on 3 review(s)
- 1-1/2 pounds chicken wings
- 1/2 cup pumpkin butter
- 3 tablespoons Sriracha
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Parsley leaves for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil and lightly coat it with the nonstick cooking spray.
- To a saucepan over medium-low heat, add the pumpkin butter, Sriracha, water, honey, tomato paste, ginger, salt, and black pepper. Stir until the mixture is combined and smooth.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce to low heat.
- Brush the tops of the wings with the sauce and bake for about 20 minutes. Flip the wings, brush with the mixture, and cook for another 15 minutes.
- When cooked through, flip the wings a final time, and thickly brush them with the mixture.
- Place under the broiler for several minutes, watching closely so they don’t burn.
- Remove from the oven and serve warm garnished with the parsley leaves.
These chicken wings are not crispy. If you'd like to add a bit of crispiness, try baking them for a bit prior to adding the sauce and continuing until done.