Happy April Fools’ Day! Is that a real greeting for the day? I’m not sure, but I know you’ll be happy if you make this simple, simple dessert to celebrate: Peach Fool with Bourbon is bright and cheerful, and of course, flavorful!
When talk moves to fools, it doesn’t often include dessert, but I’m steering this conversation! A fool as a dessert is quite a treat. It’s basically macerated fruit with a bit of sugar and some flavoring (I used bourbon for today’s treat, but you could use vanilla or lemon juice or another type of liqueur) that gets folded into whipped cream.
How simple could it be, right? So simple that I think you should take the 10 minutes it takes to make Peach Fool with Bourbon! It’s very elegant without being fussy. There is no baking involved, or really even wait time – my kind of dessert!
I’ve been using frozen peaches lately in smoothies, so I decided to add them to this dessert. I used both frozen and some canned peaches, and since I’ve recently become a bourbon fan (which pairs so well with peaches), I thought it would be a nice addition for this fool (the dessert, not me).
Whether you pull elaborate pranks on April Fools’ Day, or you just kick back and try not to fall for someone else’s, dessert is always welcome. Peach Fool with Bourbon makes a great last-minute treat worth celebrating with.
This dessert couldn't be easier to make, and it has wonderful flavor with just a few ingredients!
- 1 cup frozen peaches, 8 slices reserved for garnish
- 2 tablespoons bourbon
- 2-3 tablespoons sugar
- 4 ounces canned peaches, blended smooth
- 8 ounces heavy whipping cream
- Mint sprigs for garnish
- Add the frozen peaches, bourbon, and sugar to a blender and blend until almost smooth (I like a few chunks of peaches in the mix).
- Add the heavy whipping cream to a chilled metal bowl and blend on high until stiff peaks form, about 3 minutes.
- Fold the frozen peach mixture into the cream mixture.
- Spoon the mixture into serving glasses or dessert bowls. Dollop 1-2 teaspoons of the canned peaches into the mixture in each glass or bowl. Swirl a little with a spoon.
- Garnish each with a few slices of frozen peaches and a mint sprig.
- Serve immediately.