Lemony Artichoke-Olive Dip is perfect to dip into with toasted bread, crackers, and veggie sticks, too. You’ll love the lemony, peppery flavors, and the creaminess of this delightful dip!
So yeah, Lemony Artichoke-Olive Dip is party food. Delicious party food! I don’t have any upcoming parties planned – well, at least none with guests aside from my husband and dog! But, hey: Sometimes you just need some party food, no matter who shows up.
I’ve been seeing a lot of recipes for fresh artichokes lately, so they’ve been on my mind. Actually, they’ve been on my mind since January when my mom was visiting.
Just before she left to head back to Ohio, she found some fab California artichokes at the grocery store. She actually made us go back to buy up a bunch so she could take them home! “I never find them so nice in Ohio,” she declared!
Are you a fan of fabulous dips? Then you’ll love these:
- Creamy Green Goddess Dip
- Roasted Eggplant Dip with Easy Garlic Pita Chips
- Easy Everything Hummus with Homemade Seasoning
My mom has a great recipe for stuffed artichokes that, unfortunately, we didn’t get a chance to make before she left town. So until we’re back together with some good, fresh artichokes on hand, this dip does well!
Lemony Artichoke-Olive Dip
I was heavy handed with the lemon juice and the red and black pepper, but that’s just me. You do this dip the way you like!
The olives will add a nice bit of saltiness to the dip. I used two types of olives: Manzanilla pimento-stuffed olives and black Kalamata olives. You can grab these at the grocery store as an assortment (typically at the olive bar, but now pre-packaged for sale).
I rough chop the olives and a few of the artichoke hearts to add to the mixture just before transferring it to a serving dish. This gives good texture to the dip.
FYI: Lemony Artichoke-Olive Dip is even tastier after it sits in the fridge for a bit. I snuck a few tastes right away, but popped it in the fridge for about an hour before serving it.
Whether it’s party time for a few or more, you’ll enjoy this Lemony Artichoke-Olive Dip served with veggies, crackers, or toasted bread. It’s so flavorful! Do you think you’ll try it soon?
Patricia Conte/Grab a Plate
Yields 2 Cups
5 based on 5 review(s)
- 1-1/2 (14-ounce) cans artichoke hearts, drained, four artichoke hearts reserved
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese
- 6 Tablespoons plain Greek yogurt
- 6 Tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup diced olives (black and green), coarsely chopped, reserved
- 2 garlic cloves
- Juice of 1/2 large lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Add the artichoke hearts (reserve four for later), cream cheese, yogurt, Parmesan cheese, garlic, lemon juice, and salt and black pepper to a food processor. Pulse until mostly smooth with some chunkiness from the artichoke hearts. Transfer to a bowl.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning (salt, black pepper, lemon juice) to taste.
- Stir the olives into the mixture.
- Coarsely chop two of the reserved artichoke hearts and stir into the mixture.
- Season with the red pepper flakes and mix to combine.
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Garnish with the two remaining artichoke hearts and ground black pepper.
- Serve with toasted bread, crackers, or vegetable sticks.
Susanna Hansen says
Marta Rivera Diaz says
Kelly Bolen says
LaRena Fry says
Indya | The Small Adventurer says
Nadalie Bardo says