Spring is here, and what better way to celebrate than with asparagus! Its bright color and amazing flavor is hard to resist! Grilled Asparagus, Prosciutto, and Brie Bruschetta is a great way to get any meal started.
Maybe you know my story, or you’re a bit like me yourself when it comes to small plates: I love appetizers! When I go out to dinner I want to order, like, eight different things.
Usually my husband or friends talk me down from my order, but if given some freedom, I’d be surrounded with starters! So it’s not surprising that I’m excited about making Grilled Asparagus with Prosciutto and Brie Bruschetta.
Not only are is it nice to enjoy one or two or three of them (I actually made a meal of them the other night), but the asparagus and bit of lemon zest on this bruschetta signal spring. This bruschetta is a perfect appetizer for Easter or any other spring fling get together.
Asparagus is one of my favorite veggies in season and we eat so much of it at my house, I’m surprised we don’t sprout spears ourselves!
Recently, I added asparagus to my sheet pan spicy orange shrimp with vegetables recipe (shrimp + asparagus = delicious). We always (seriously, always) add it to pasta, like this recipe for pasta with asparagus and pancetta.
The options are endless when it comes to those crisp green spears, and you could even serve it in a breakfast dish like asparagus and Asiago frittata. Seriously. I keep checking myself for sprouts!
One of the nice things about asparagus is that it cooks so quickly. We grill it a lot, like I did for this recipe, because it’s so convenient. If you have the grill going, just add asparagus!
I lightly grilled the bread and the asparagus for this recipe, but if it’s still snowy where you are, toast the bread in the oven and roast the asparagus on a sheet pan in there, too. You’ll get equally great flavor as you would from the grill.
The next time you’re in need of an appetizer to please a crowd, give Grilled Asparagus, Prosciutto, and Brie Bruschetta a try. It will be a hit at your next gathering!
This is an affiliate link, which means that if you click on the product link, I’ll receive a small fee.
These tongs are perfect when you’re grilling:
Patricia Conte/Grab a Plate
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 large garlic clove, cut in half
- 1 bunch asparagus, ends trimmed
- 10-12 pieces Italian-style, crusty bread, cut into 2-inch-thick slices
- 4 ounces spreadable Brie cheese
- 4 ounces prosciutto
- Salt and pepper to season
- Zest of 1 lemon for garnish
- Add the asparagus spears to a sheet pan. Drizzle 1 tablespoon olive oil over them, and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Brush the remaining olive oil over one side of the slices of bread.
- Grill the asparagus directly on the grill (not on the sheet pan) over medium heat for 8-10 minutes, turning, until lightly charred. Remove the asparagus and turn the grill to low heat. Place the slices of bread on the grill, oil side down, for just a few minutes until lightly charred. Remove from the heat. When cool to the touch, slice the asparagus spears in half.
- Rub the cut side of the garlic over the bread, then spread the Brie over the tops of each slice.
- Place a piece of prosciutto on each slice of bread, and top with 2 asparagus spears (4 pieces).
- Garish with a bit of the lemon zest.