What goes with the fall season better than football and food? I’m pairing up a fun appetizer – Easy Cheesy Olive Bread – and a special dessert treat from I Love Ice Cream Cakes, perfect for all your football festivities!
You can’t watch football without great food to nosh on, am I right? Whether you follow a college team, or one of the pro teams, an array of tasty food within arms reach is almost as important as the standings!
How could I say no to such a delicious opportunity? First and foremost, this football cake is adorable. But it’s also a real treat: it’s made with chocolate and vanilla ice cream layers, with crunchy chocolate bits and whipped frosting on top.
Now, I couldn’t possibly just serve dessert during last weekend’s game (I suppose I could have…). I remember seeing a video recently from The Pioneer Woman for her recipe for Olive Cheese Bread, and I really wanted it to be on my menu.
I made some slight changes to her recipe: I wanted a bit of zing to it, so I added garlic, horseradish, and Worcestershire sauce.
My sister told me that her husband’s grandmother made a bread similar to this, and she added anchovies to it. I can’t wait to try that option the next time I make Easy Cheesy Olive Bread!
This bread really couldn’t be easier to make, and it’s an overwhelming favorite with the crowd.
If you want your next football get together to go over well, scores aside, I would definitely include Easy Cheesy Olive Bread, and an I Love Ice Cream Cakes treat. You’ll find a variety of their cakes (all adorable) in the freezer aisle or bakery department at the grocery store. Check to see what’s available in your area.
For more recipes perfect for a football party, try another of my recipes:
Pumpkin Butter-Sriracha Baked Chicken Wings
Sweet Potato “Fries” with Jalapeño-Onion Ranch Dip
Pimento Cheese Spread
I was compensated for my time to create this post. As always, all opinions are 100% my own. I appreciate you supporting the brands I love!
You'll love this appetizer for any gathering you have! It's easy to customize to add some extra flavors, too!
- 6 tablespoons real mayonnaise
- 6 tablespoons softened butter
- 8 ounces shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 6 ounces black olives, rough chopped
- 6 ounces green pimento olives, rough chopped
- 1/4 cup white onion, diced small
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons (or to taste) creamy horseradish
- 1-1/1 teaspoons (or to taste) Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon (or to taste) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon (or to taste) smoked paprika
- 1 (14-inch-long) loaf of crusty bread, split in half lengthwise
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine the mayonnaise, butter, cheese, olives, onion, and garlic in a large bowl and stir to combine. Add the horseradish, Worcestershire sauce, salt, black pepper, and paprika and stir to combine. Taste and adjust the seasoning as needed.
- Divide the mixture in half and spread over the bread halves.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the cheese begins to turn golden.