Ham, Swiss, and Spinach Egg Muffin Cups are the handiest breakfast dish you’ll come across this week! They make the perfect grab-and-go meal (or snack), and they’re ideal for storing in the freezer and popping out when you need something delicious.
Are you a meal prepper? I’m not. Well, not really. I try because I know it saves money and promotes good eating habits, but I’m not always organized enough to make it happen.
Ham, Swiss, and Spinach Egg Muffin Cups make it easy for you to either continue with your meal prep habits or ease your way into it.
Not only that, but you can customize them to your heart’s content! No Swiss cheese in the house? Use cheddar. No spinach? Use broccoli. Want them to be a vegetarian option? Easy!
I’ve made egg muffin cups before, and I’ll make them again! Check out my Curried Sweet Potato-Spinach Egg Muffin Cups. If you need another breakfast treat, try these Blueberry Banana Walnut Smoothie Bowls. So. Good!
These egg muffin cups aren’t just for breakfast: I like to eat them for lunch along with a salad, or maybe a bread roll.
Do you have a favorite egg dish? One of mine is super simple to make and is great for breakfast or lunch. Give this recipe for Sautéed Kale on Toast with Poached Eggs a try soon!
If you need some verification that most everyone will love these Ham, Swiss, and Spinach Egg Muffin Cups, let me lay this on you:
- College kids love them! My nephew was pretty happy to take a few along as he took off for his summer classes.
- Grandmas love them! My mom loved the idea that they could be frozen and pulled out for a quick breakfast.
- Husbands love them! My husband ate two as he walked through the kitchen on his way to do some yard work.
- I love them! They’re so easy to make and if you’re into meal prep, you’ll love them, too.
Whether or not you’re looking for a great meal-prep dish or just something fun to serve for breakfast, make a batch of Ham, Swiss, and Spinach Egg Muffin Cups soon!
Yields 12 egg muffin cups
5 based on 5 review(s)
- 8 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 cup fresh spinach, torn into small pieces
- 1/3 cup chopped ham
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Lightly spray a muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Add the eggs to a large bowl and whisk to combine. Add the cheese, spinach, ham, and salt and pepper to the mixture and mix.
- Use a dipper or large spoon to transfer the mixture to the muffin tin wells, filling each almost to the top.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the eggs are set (firm to the touch) and lightly golden.
- Cool for several minutes until removing from the tin and serving.
- If freezing, allow the egg muffin cups to cool completely then store in sealable freezer bags.