Friends popping over for dinner (after you’ve been at work all day – ack!)? Running around with the kids after school and past dinnertime? People need to eat, am I right? These are the times to break out Smoky Chicken Sandwiches with Chipotle Orange Pineapple Sauce. They’ll help you – and delight you – when you need it most!
Quick and easy meals (and let’s not forget delicious) are where it’s at sometimes. These sandwiches are a cinch to make, and the sauce is something you’ll want to toss together for the rest of grilling season.
Officially and unofficially, May is designated as National BBQ Month. We’ve been grilling for a while here in Phoenix, and I’m sure most of you have either already cracked open your grills, or are on the verge of it. If you haven’t yet, but still have a taste for barbecue, these sandwiches are a great solution!
I’ve partnered with Farm Rich who makes a tasty line of BBQ products called Smokehouse, to come up with a delicious and convenient recipe like Smoky Chicken Sandwiches with Chipotle Orange Pineapple Sauce.
The Smokehouse BBQ line features a full lineup of easy-to-make BBQ meat products, including chicken, pork, and beef that are hickory smoked for hours, and ready in minutes. If you’re still dealing with snow or rainy weather in your area (or just don’t have the time), this is a great way to get a taste of grilling season.
The sauce for these sandwiches is one of my favorite things, and the Dry Rub Smoked Chicken (the Dry Rub Smoked Pork would work well for this recipe, too) was just screaming for a sauce like this.
Not only is the sauce a little smoky and spicy from the chipotle peppers, but it’s sweet and citrusy with pineapple added in for good measure (and flavor). I mixed it in with the chicken to coat all the pieces, but you could also use it as a topping.
If you’re short on time when it comes to lunch or dinner, or you’re still yearning for good weather, you can still enjoy a great BBQ-inspired meal. Smoky Chicken Sandwiches with Chipotle Orange Pineapple Sauce help make meal prep easy.
Not only convenient and great tasting, Farm Rich Smokehouse products are frozen with no fillers, no preservatives, and are all gluten free.
These sandwiches, with their sweet-and-smoky sauce, are really great for so many occasions!
- 1 (16-ounce) package of Farm Rich Smokehouse Dry Rub Smoked Chicken (or Pork), prepared according to the package directions
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 green onions, ends trimmed, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 orange, seeds and pith removed, cut into chunks
- 1/3 cup pineapple chunks
- 1 chipotle, chopped small, plus 1 teaspoon of sauce from a can of chipotle in adobo sauce
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Place a large saucepan on medium heat. When hot, add the oil. After about a minute, add the green onion and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for about 30 seconds.
- Add the salt, pepper, and chipotle with the sauce. Mix to combine. Add the orange and pineapple pieces, as well as the orange juice, water, and sugar. Stir to combine and dissolve the sugar.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce heat to a low simmer.
- Cook the sauce until it thickens, stirring occasionally, about 30 minutes.
- Allow the sauce to cool slightly, then toss it with the prepared chicken.
- Serve immediately on sandwich buns.
Farm Rich offers tips, hacks, recipes, and great tasting food that help simplify everyday life – what they like to call “Real-Life Good.” Visit Farm Rich to take a look at delicious products, and ideas for making your meal-making life a little easier.
Sign up for the Farm Rich email newsletter to receive exclusive offers and promotions.