Slow Cooker BBQ Beef Sandwiches are a treat for family and friends who are gathered for any occasion. When you need a quick and easy meal, add these hearty sandwiches to the top of your list!
Do you have family and friends headed your way during the holidays? Slow Cooker BBQ Beef Sandwiches are a great way to feed a crowd — or even just a handful of people because the leftovers are fab. And, hello homemade BBQ sauce!
Slow Cooker BBQ Beef Sandwiches
The BBQ sauce recipe for these sandwiches was passed to me from a friend, who got it from her friend “back home” in Michigan. Those are the best sorts of recipes, don’t you think? My friend said her friend’s BBQ Beef Sandwiches are known far and wide, and for good reason!
The sauce is so easy to make, and has the added benefit of a little texture from diced onion. It’s sweet, tangy, and delicious as a great BBQ sauce should be!
If you like to try different barbecue sauce recipes, check out my recipe for Grilled Chicken with Cherry-Chile Sauce. It’s so flavorful, and a little out of the ordinary, too.
I have family visiting for the holidays, and that means the house needs cleaned, decorations need final touches, cookies need baked, and gifts need wrapped. With so much to do, I decided to break out the slow cooker on a busy Sunday afternoon.
My husband and I dug into these Slow Cooker BBQ Beef Sandwiches at the end of the day, and we were delighted. There was no kitchen fuss and a whole lot of flavor, and both were a big deal for us.
On top of everything else going on, we’ve had a pup with some health issues (check out our adorable dog and the Pumpkin-Peanut Butter Dog Biscuits I made for her), so an easy, home cooked meal was more than welcome.
If you’re in need of a filling, vegetarian-friendly sandwich, try my Eggplant Muffuletta Sandwiches. There are so many great flavors going on in these sandwiches!
Whether you have friends coming over to watch a game, family visiting during the holidays, or you’re just in need of a fuss-free meal, try these Slow Cooker BBQ Beef Sandwiches — they are definitely a crowd pleaser!
Patricia Conte/Grab a Plate
Yields 10-12 slider-sized sandwiches
- 2-1/2 pound tri-tip beef
- 1/2 teaspoon salt to season the beef
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper to season the beef
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder to season the beef
- 12 ounces ketchup
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1/2 medium white onion, diced small
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard, plus a little extra
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, plus a little extra
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika, plus a little extra
- 1-1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1-1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Sandwich buns
- Optional: coleslaw to serve on the sandwiches
- Season the beef with the salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Add to the slow cooker and cook on high heat for about 3 hours.
- About 30 minutes before the beef is finished cooking, add the ketchup, tomato sauce, onion, dry mustard, salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika, brown sugar, lemon juice, and Worcestershire sauce to a saucepan over medium heat. Whisk to combine.
- Increase the heat and bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer the mixture for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- When the beef is finished, remove it from the heat. Place on a cutting board and use two forks to shred the meat.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and pour the sauce over the beef (reserve about 1/4 of the sauce). Toss to combine.
- Serve on buns with coleslaw. Use the reserved sauce to serve with the sandwiches.