This Simple Sweet & Spicy Vegetable Stir Fry could be your next meal in no time! The sweet-and-spicy sauce combo is delicious and so easy to make. Sub in your favorite vegetables, or use whatever is on hand to create this delicious dish.
Whether you’re looking for a Meatless Monday dish or just a way to use up all your odds-and-ends veggies tucked away in the fridge, this Simple Sweet & Spicy Vegetable Stir Fry is a great meal option.
Stir fry meals are super popular in my house. Are they your thing, too? Then you should check out my Tempeh and Vegetable Stir Fry in Teriyaki Sauce. The tempeh keeps this vegetarian dish really hearty, and teriyaki is always so tasty.
I’m an eggplant fan, so one of my favorite stir fry dishes is Spicy Eggplant Stir Fry with Cashews. This is seriously one of my favorites (and now I need to add it to the week’s menu — and you should, too)!
I always, always have a bunch of vegetables in my fridge waiting to be used for a second meal. Due to the recent recall on Romaine lettuce, I knew I needed a tasty way to deliver the good stuff that was outside the salad realm. Stir fry to the rescue!
This stir fry is definitely loaded with veggies. I used my leftovers and even added a few of my favorites like asparagus and mushrooms. This simple stir fry offers you a healthy and delicious meal that you can have ready in no time.
Your options are endless as far as the vegetables are concerned. If you want to keep things meatless, perfect! If not, that works, too.
Do you make stir fry meals often? I love them! The sauces usually only include several ingredients that can be switched up with different flavors (who loves citrus-based sauces?).
I used maple syrup, Dijon mustard, and a few other things for this dish. Sweet and spicy for sure (and I added a little extra spicy to mine)!
This Simple Sweet & Spicy Vegetable Stir Fry is an easy recipe you’ll love to pull out for a delicious, healthy, and filling meal. In other words, it’s an all-around winner!
Simple Sweet & Spicy Vegetable Stir Fry
Patricia Conte/Grab a Plate
Yields Serves 4
5 based on 4 review(s)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1-1/2 tablespoons chili garlic sauce
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1-1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 tablespoon sesame oil (if you don’t have sesame oil, use two tablespoons of the vegetable oil)
- 3/4 yellow onion, cut into thin strips
- 1 large green bell pepper
- 2 yellow zucchini, cut into rounds, then cut in half
- 1 small bunch asparagus, trimmed and cut into 3-inch pieces
- 8 ounces mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Cooked rice to serve with the stir fry
- Mix together the ingredients. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed. Set aside and stir before using.
- Add the oil to a large pan or wok over medium-high heat. When hot, add the onion and cook for about 2 minutes. Add the green pepper and cook for another few minutes, stirring.
- Add the zucchini and asparagus and cook for about two minutes, stirring. Add the mushrooms, garlic, salt, and black pepper. Cook for a few minutes, stirring.
- Add 3/4 of the sauce to the skillet or work, tossing all the ingredients to coat. Cook for a few more minutes.
- Remove from the heat and serve over rice if desired. Use the remaining sauce to drizzle over the top of your servings.