Roasted Beet, Peach & Radicchio Panzanella Salad is filled with an amazing combination of flavors. You’ll love this hearty salad that you can sit down to as a meal.
Sometimes the best “recipes” are the throw-together-some-things-and-see-what-happens kind! It’s how I came up with Roasted Beet, Peach & Radicchio Panzanella Salad. (Sorry: it’s how my husband came up with it!)
I came home the other night to my husband chopping and dashing around the kitchen. I threw my bag down, kicked off my shoes, and had a seat. Shortly after, dinner was served. How nice!
Roasted Beet, Peach & Radicchio Panzanella Salad includes so many goodies tucked inside along with the main ingredient: hunks of Italian bread.
You’ll also find slightly salty olives, sweet peaches, sharp chunks of cheese, sweet roasted beets, and slightly bitter (and colorful!) radicchio lettuce. It is an amazing combination of flavors!
Roasted Beet, Peach & Radicchio Panzanella Salad
One great thing about this salad is that you can toss in anything you’d like. I considered making a version with bell pepper the second time we made this, along with some pistachios and dried blueberries. It’s really about what’s on hand and what suits your tastes.
Panzanella salads – or bread salads – are an Italian favorite made using day-old bread, and typically tomatoes, olives, and onions. They’re filling and nearly fool proof, whatever you include as ingredients.
If you’re looking for hearty salads that are ideal as a meal, consider my Simple Skillet Shrimp Salad with Lime Vinaigrette, Smoked Salmon Salad with Blueberries and Lemon Poppy Seed Dressing, or my colorful Kale and Quinoa Salad with Honey-Dijon Dressing.
This is one of those salads I actually crave! We’ve already made it a few times, and I look forward to enjoying it many more times in the near future. I can’t wait to experiment with other ingredients, too, but this version sure is delicious! Gotta love those peaches!
Roasted Beet, Peach & Radicchio Panzanella Salad is my new go-to. You should give it a try. I’m sure it’ll become a favorite in your home, too!
Patricia Conte/Grab a Plate
Yields Serves 4
5 based on 3 review(s)
- 3 yellow beets, peeled and cut into cubes
- 1-1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper to season
- 5-6 cups of cubed thick, Italian-style bread
- 1/3 cup Italian vinaigrette dressing (maybe more depending on how much is soaked up)
- 1 small head of radicchio (or about 2/3 of a larger head), leaves cleaned, dried, and chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 2 peaches, pits removed, cut into cubes
- 10 black olives, pitted and rough chopped
- Sharp, hard cheese, cut into small pieces
- Add the bread to a large serving bowl and drizzle with the Italian vinaigrette dressing. Toss to coat and allow the bread to soak up the dressing. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 425. Add the cubed beets to a baking dish. Drizzle with the olive oil, salt, pepper, and balsamic vinegar. Cover with foil and bake for about 30 minutes or until softened. Remove and set aside.
- Add the radicchio to the bowl with the bread, along with the peaches, olives, and the cheese. Add the beets and gently toss.
- Serve immediately.