Crunchy Cabbage & Chicken Salad with Sesame Dressing will chase away your hunger and satisfy your craving for crunch! You’ll love the vibrant colors in this salad to brighten your day.
I love this crunchy salad so much that I ate it for breakfast the day after I made it. That’s right. I said breakfast. (It was delicious!) After the salad sat overnight, the dressing seemed to take on a little more of the spiciness I was excited about!
You might say that I have a bit of an obsessive personality. This is something my hubs has known for a while. For instance, if I see a pair of shoes that I love, I won’t rest until I get them. I might not get them right away, but I’ll be thinking about them and talking about them until the day I do get them!
The same is true when it comes to food, which is exactly what happened when it came to this Crunchy Cabbage & Chicken Salad with Sesame Dressing.
I’m not sure what spurred on my salad obsession, but I think it might have been the moment I saw the bright purple cabbage sitting on the grocery store shelf. It looked so pretty, so fresh, so crunchy!
One of the best things about this salad is that the combo of cabbage and chicken is a perfect match. I grilled up a few chicken breasts, shredded them, and tossed them in with the cabbage and a few other ingredients including the tasty sesame dressing.
Looking to satisfy your salad craving? Try my Kale and Cornbread Crouton Salad. It makes use of leftover cornbread, but it could just be the excuse you need to make a batch of cornbread!
Another of my favorites when it comes to simple salads is my Sweet and Tangy Cucumber Ribbon Salad. It’s perfect for a bit of crunch and a whole lot of pretty.
When you’re in the mood for something colorful (and easy to transport), try my Asian Noodle Salad in a Jar with Spicy Peanut Dressing. It’s super fun and delicious.
You can make this salad a little easier to make by using a rotisserie chicken and pre-packaged cabbage from the grocery. You can easily toss this together any time you crave it!
You’ll love my Crunchy Cabbage & Chicken Salad with Sesame Dressing to enjoy as part of any meal. Okay, so maybe you won’t eat it for breakfast like I did, but you never know!
Yields Serves 4
- 2 (6-ounce) cooked chicken breasts, shredded
- 1/2 head purple cabbage, chopped into thin strips
- 2 cups packed Romaine lettuce, chopped into strips
- 3/4 cup shredded carrot
- 2-3 tablespoons sliced almonds, plus extra for garnish
- Optional: Fresh cilantro, torn
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar, or to taste
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha sauce or hot sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Combine all the ingredients in a small bowl and whisk to combine.
- Taste the dressing and adjust the seasoning, as needed. Set aside.
- Whisk again before serving.
- Add all the salad ingredients into a large bowl. Gently toss to combine.
- Drizzle in the dressing and toss to combine.