In the hustle and bustle of the season, there’s always a need for a few go-to appetizer or snack recipes that are a snap to make. One you’ll love is Creamy Artichoke and Roasted Red Pepper Spread. It’s perfect to slather on toasted crusty bread, or as a dip for veggies.
The other night my TV was tuned to “Parts Unknown” with Anthony Bourdain. He was in a restaurant in a neighborhood in Rome eating prosciutto and fresh artichokes drizzled in olive oil. So simple, and it made me drooooool! And the artichokes went on and on and on throughout the show.
I love artichokes. My mom used to make fresh ones, stuffed with sausage, breadcrumbs, egg and all types of seasonings. It seemed I couldn’t stop thinking of artichokes!
Since it’s a busy time of year, I was thinking about easy appetizers – dips, spreads – something I could easily whip up for parties, work potlucks, book club get togethers. Whatever!
As luck would have it, I found jarred artichoke hearts on the super-sale shelf at the grocery store. It seemed that all signs were pointing to artichokes, so I decided to toss together Creamy Artichoke and Roasted Red Pepper Spread.
There are a lot of artichoke dip recipes out there that are baked and include spinach (which I love), but I wanted to keep things simple, and find a tasty swap for the spinach (that you roasted red peppers).
Once this spread is mixed together, it gets popped into the fridge for at least an hour. Then, just pull it out and enjoy. Toast up some French bread and slather this spread on top (just don’t over toast the bread like I did – did you notice in my photos?). You could also serve this spread with veggies to dip into it.
I hope you make Creamy Artichoke and Roasted Red Pepper Spread for your next get together. Make it easy on yourself, and enjoy!
If you’re looking for another tasty appetizer, give my recipe for Spicy Edamame Hummus a try. It’s also easy to make, colorful, and big on flavor!
You'll love how easy it is to make this tasty spread! It's perfect for crusty bread or even veggie sticks!
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 5 tablespoons ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 (6-ounce) jars artichoke hearts, drained and chopped small
- 6 ounces roasted red peppers, drained and chopped small
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-2 green onion, to taste, diced, reserve some of the green part for garnish
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper, plus extra for garnish
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika, plus extra for garnish
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 loaf French bread, cut into 2-inch rounds and toasted
- Add the cream cheese, ricotta, mayonnaise, and Parmesan cheese to a large bowl. Mix well until smooth and combined.
- Add the garlic, green onion, lemon juice, salt, pepper, paprika, and onion powder. Mix to combine.
- Gently fold in the artichokes and red peppers. Mix to combine. Taste and adjust the seasonings as needed.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Garnish with black pepper, paprika, and the reserved green onion. Serve with the toasted bread.