Creamy Lemon Chicken with Broccoli makes a bright dish for a cold winter’s night. Its vibrant flavors and creaminess combine for a lovely dish, perfect for holiday guests – or for your family, any night of the week.
Plans are underway in my home for holiday visitors. Are you prepping for a houseful, too? Big holiday meals are on the horizon, so there will be a lot of meal planning and cooking going on.
Thanksgiving has come and gone, and I’m left with the memories of family and friends gathered for fun and, of course, food. But when you’re cooking for crowds – big or small – each day leading up to the holiday can get hectic.
This year, my approach to meal making will be themed, “holiday without the hassle!” A lovely meal to make for visitors is Creamy Lemon Chicken with Broccoli. It’s so good, but it doesn’t take a lot of time or effort to make. You can have it on the table – from prep to plate – in under an hour.
As a Swanson® blog ambassador, I’ve been invited to create flavorful meals using an assortment of its stocks and broths. There’s so much you can do with these products: I used Swanson® Organic Free-Range Chicken Stock in my Creamy Lemon Chicken with Broccoli as a full-bodied cooking base. I love that Swanson uses high-quality ingredients, just like you would use to make your meals.
It’s easy to rely on take-out and delivery when you have holiday visitors to feed leading up to your celebration. If you want to create a satisfying meal to gather your guests around the table without making much of a fuss, this chicken dish is what I recommend.
If you’re like me, and looking to bring a little “holiday without the hassle” to your life this year, try Creamy Lemon Chicken with Broccoli. You and your guests will love it, and it is definitely a dish that brings a little citrus vibe to a cold winter night.
Check out some of my other recipes that are made using Swanson® products:
Turkey Stir-Fry with Chili-Orange Sauce
Wild Rice, Mushroom & Broccoli Skillet Side
Pasta with Kale and Creamy Butternut Squash Sauce
This delightful dish is perfect this time of year when holiday visitors are arriving. It's a nice dish to help with a hassle free holiday!
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (pounded thin if they are thick)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1-1/3 cups Swanson® Organic Free-Range Chicken Stock
- 1-1/2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 shallot, diced
- 1-1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup lemon juice, plus 4 slices lemon
- Salt and black pepper to season the chicken
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Fresh parsley leaves for garnish
- Season both sides of the chicken with salt and black pepper. Add the oil to a large skillet over medium heat. When hot, add the chicken and cook for 6-8 minutes on each side, so they’re golden and crisp.
- Transfer the chicken to a plate and set aside.
- Add the stock to the skillet and scrape up any stuck on bits from the chicken. Add the broccoli and shallot and cover the skillet. Cook for several minutes, or until the broccoli turns bright green, and has softened.
- Add the heavy cream, lemon juice, garlic powder, parsley flakes, red pepper flakes, and the black pepper to the skillet. Toss to combine. Allow the mixture to cook for a minute or so to thicken slightly, then add the chicken back to the skillet topped with the lemon slices.
- Cook for about 5 minutes.
- Remove and serve with rice or noodles.