Apple nachos with chocolate & caramel drizzle make a fun treat, for Cinco de Mayo or any day you need a little cheer in your life. They’re easy to make and super-festive. They’ll brighten your day for sure!
I don’t know about you, but lately I’ve been in need of a fun way to kick off the week. These apple nachos with chocolate & caramel drizzle will do the trick!
These nachos make a fun snack without tooooo much “treat.” The apples help keep things in check for sure, and you only need a small amount of the chocolate and caramel drizzle. Hit them with some shredded coconut over the top and a toss of mini M&Ms for a festive treat.
Another treat to try that won’t put you over the sweetness edge are these Peanut Butter & Jelly Breakfast Banana Splits. Everyone will love these!
Have you been baking a lot lately? My husband and I have been making bread – like the rest of the country, apparently. It seems like the grocery stores haven’t been stocked with flour in ages.
I made these nachos because I wanted a sweet treat that was cheerful and that didn’t involve baking. Apple nachos with chocolate and caramel drizzle did the trick!
I think I’m going to make these for Cinco de Mayo – they’re so colorful and fun! I love these because you get a great flavor combo in each bite: apples + caramel = perfection! Of course chocolate is always a hit with me, so the drizzle and pops of mini M&Ms work, too, and coconut is just flat-out fun garnish.
If you’d like a few more Cino de Mayo goodies to try, take a look at my Mini Lime Cupcakes with Tequila Buttercream, and this recipe for a refreshing drink like Strawberry-Mint Agua Fresca (such pretty color and so refreshing)!
I think these nachos would taste great with broken pretzels scattered on top, or maybe crushed peanuts. You might not be able to get out for mini M&Ms for the fun bits of color for these, but I bet you have colored sprinkles in the cupboard somewhere – they’ll do the trick!
Let me know if you make these apple nachos with chocolate and caramel drizzle. I can see them being a staple in my house, with all sorts of different toppings to try!
Patricia Conte/Grab a Plate
Serves Serves 4-6
You'll love this fun treat that will brighten any day!
5 based on 5 review(s)
- 2 Granny Smith apples, sliced in thin wedges
- 2 red apples, sliced in thin wedges
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil or shortening
- 2 tablespoons caramel sauce
- 2-3 tablespoons mini candy-coated chocolate (like M&Ms)
- 1 tablespoon shredded coconut
- To keep the apple wedges from turning brown, add them to a bowl with water and the lemon juice. Let them sit for a few minutes. Remove from the water and pat dry.
- Arrange the apple wedges on a platter, fanned out.
- Add the chocolate chips and coconut oil or shortening to a microwave-safe bowl and heat for 15-20 seconds. Stir until melted and combined.
- Drizzle over the apple wedges.
- Drizzle the caramel sauce over the wedges. Scatter some of the mini M&Ms over the top, and garnish with the shredded coconut.
- Serve immediately.