Who out there bakes for their dog? I say why not! These Pumpkin-Peanut Butter Dog Biscuits makes tasty treats (according to my furry best friend), and include healthy ingredients. They also make a grrrrreat gift.
It may be a little early to start the Everything Pumpkin Fest, so you can wait to make these Pumpkin-Peanut Butter Dog Biscuits if you’d like, but your pooch will give you extra licks and snuggles if you make them sooner rather than later.
I posted this recipe here many years ago, but I wanted to share it again in case you missed it last time around. My dog loves these biscuits, and I’m all about spoiling her as much as possible lately (some things haven’t changed). She’s getting older and having some older-dog health issues, so I’m all about giving her extra, extra love these days.
We rescued our dog about eight years ago when (we think) she was about a year old, and have been loving on her ever since. She likely had some sketchy times when she was out on the streets, but I’d like to think she’s forgotten all about them.
Pretty soon we’ll all be gearing up to make pumpkin this, and pumpkin that, and I don’t know about you but I alway end up with extra pureed pumpkin that’s not quite enough to use for another recipe.
Do you do anything special with your leftover pureed pumpkin? I hate tossing it, but as it turns out, what I usually have left over is just the right amount to use to make some healthy treats for the dog!
If you’re looking for inspiration for pumpkin-based human treats, check out my recipes for Kahlua-Pumpkin Spice Cakes with Cream Cheese Frosting and Pumpkin-oatmeal Cookies with Creamy Goat Cheese Frosting.
These treats are so easy to make, and I had fun using a few dog-themed cookie cutters. I’m willing to bet your dog won’t care what shape these biscuits are, so use whatever cookie cutter you’ve got on hand.
I made up some extra biscuits, packaged them up, and delivered them to the neighbors for their dog. All the tail wagging!
My taste-tester loves these pumpkin-peanut butter dog biscuits. In fact, it was pretty hard to get her to pose for these pictures — she only has so much willpower!
There are all kinds of human food dogs should not eat but the ingredients in these biscuits are all safe for dogs.
Your pooch will love you even more when you bake up a batch of these Pumpkin-Peanut Butter Dog Biscuits. I know mine does!
Patricia Conte/Grab a Plate
Yields About 2 dozen biscuits
4 based on 1 review(s)
- 2-1/2 cups brown rice flour
- 1/4 cup pureed pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 egg
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly spray 2 baking sheets with the nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix with a wooden spoon. You may need to finish mixing the ingredients using your hands.
- Lightly flour a flat work surface and roll or press the dough out evenly so it is about 1/2-inch-thick.
- Use cookie cutters to press out shapes. Collect the dough scraps and re-roll them, continuing the process until all the dough is used.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes.
- Remove the biscuits from the oven. Allow them to sit for a few minutes, then transfer them to a cooling rack.
- Allow the biscuits to cool completely before serving or storing.
Pumpkin-Peanut Butter Dog Biscuits