I’m giving classic cookies a bit of an upgrade with some fabulous ingredients. I think you’ll love these rich, rich Dark Chocolate Chip Cherry Cashew Bars. They’re packed with goodies and make a fine treat.
Hey guys! Hey! Hey! This is me jumping up and down waving my arms around! If you’re craving cookies chock full of goodies in each and every nibble, you MUST try these Dark Chocolate Chip Cherry Cashew Bars. Seriously.
I kinda wish I hadn’t made these bars (that’s what I’m telling myself, anyway) because I haven’t been able to keep my hands off them! I know I should have delivered them to the neighbors, but…maybe next batch.
I used a classic chocolate chip cookie recipe, added goodies including dark chocolate chips, and baked them up into bars. I’ve been obsessed with dark chocolate chips lately, and they certainly pair perfectly with dried cherries and cashews.
For a healthier treat with the same dark chocolate-cherry combo, try my Homemade Larabar Cherry Chocolate Chip Bites. They taste just like the kind you might reach for on the grocery store shelves, but they’re so easy to make, and with just a few ingredients.
Interested in another tempting cookie? If dark chocolate is your thing, you will flip over these Dark Chocolate Brownie Drop Cookies. Grab a glass of milk when you sit down to enjoy these, cuz they’re amazingly rich!
Dark Chocolate Chip Cherry Cashew Bars for the win!
Now back to these bars. Even my husband who isn’t big on chocolate (I know, right?!), and most definitely not big on nuts in cookies, loves them. These bars are thick and rich and a total delight.
In fact, I cut these bars on the smaller side because, like I said, they’re quite rich. You might find these cookie bars more suitable for adults rather than the kiddos. Sorry, kids! Maybe I’m just saying that because I want to keep them all to myself? Noooo!
Seriously, sometimes I find that the little ones don’t love dark chocolate and cashews like I love them, but if your kids have a taste for them, then by all means, share! Otherwise, enjoy them all on your own.
Try these Dark Chocolate Chip Cherry Cashew Bars and let me know what you think. I bet you’ll love them!
Yields About 24 bars
You'll love the upgrade we've given standard chocolate chip cookies! These Dark Chocolate Chip Cherry Cashew Bars are a real treat!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/4 cups brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 10 ounces chips, reserve some to sprinkle over the top of bars
- 6 ounces rough chopped cashews, reserve some extra to sprinkle over the top of bars
- 3/4 cup dried cherries
- Parchment paper
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add parchment paper (allows it to overhand on the ends) to a 14x9-inch baking dish. Lightly coat with the nonstick cooking spray.
- Add the flour, baking soda, and salt to a bowl and whisk to combine. Set aside
- Add the butter, brown sugar, and vanilla to a large bowl and use a mixer to blend until creamed together. Add the egg and mix for a few minutes until smooth.
- Add the chocolate chips, cashews, and the cherries to the mixture. Use a mixing spoon to combine.
- Transfer the mixture to the baking dish and spread evenly. Add the extra chocolate chips and cashews over the top of the dough and pat down lightly.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Place the pan on a baking rack to cool. When cooled, lift out of the pan using the ends of the parchment paper. Cut into bars or squares of desired size.