Creamy Pasta with Roasted Cauliflower and Mushrooms is a rich and hearty meal perfect for the season.Can we agree that there’s nothing better than roasted vegetables? Okay, so chocolate may have come into play here, but as far as veggies are concerned, roasted vegetables are amazing!
A little indulgence this time of year is a given, am I right? If you prefer to indulge in dinner rather than dessert, then Creamy Pasta with Roasted Cauliflower and Mushrooms is the meal for you.
Do you have visitors coming in the weeks ahead? Save this recipe and make it for your guests. You’ll impress them without a lot of effort, and they’ll go home raving about your cooking!
I wish my photos for this recipe had captured a bit more of the creaminess of the dish. Sometimes pasta is sneaky like that – it soaks up that creamy goodness after sitting for a several minutes posing for pictures. But believe me, it’s in there.
I roasted yellow cauliflower florets until they were golden and soft. It was all I could do to stop myself from sneaking bite after bite of them, leaving me with enough for the pasta! Thinking about it, purple cauliflower would have added a nice bit of color to this pasta. Maybe next time.
Of course the mushrooms add an earthy flavor and hearty texture to the dish, and when they’re coated in a creamy sauce? Oh, my!
Creamy Pasta with Roasted Cauliflower and Mushrooms really couldn’t be easier to make, and you don’t have to save it for company. I made it on a random Thursday night, and enjoyed the leftovers, too!
If you love pasta, try another of my recipes:
Pasta with Rapini and Crispy Chickpeas
Kale Pesto Pasta with Roasted Tomatoes and White Beans
Pasta with Asparagus and Pancetta
If you're looking for a little indulgence in your meal, try this dish! The roasted cauliflower is such a treat combined with the mushrooms and cream.
5 based on 9 review(s)
- 8 ounces dried pasta (I used campanile pasta)
- Cauliflower florets (I used a yellow cauliflower) – roast 30-40 minutes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 shallot, diced
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable stock
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, plus extra to season the cauliflower
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper, plus extra to season the cauliflower
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1-2/3 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Fresh parsley leaves
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Toss the cauliflower florets in 1 tablespoon of olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place on a baking sheet in a single layer and roast in the oven for 30-40 minutes, or until golden and softened.
- Prepare the pasta according to the package directions. Drain and set aside.
- As the pasta is cooking, add the remaining oil and butter to a large skillet over medium heat. When hot, add the shallot and cook for a minute or so. Add the mushrooms and cook for just a few minutes.
- Add the vegetable stock, salt, pepper, and thyme. Cook for 3-4 minutes until the mushrooms have softened.
- Add the heavy cream to the skillet and stir to combine. Cook for a few minutes, then add the pasta, cauliflower, and Parmesan cheese to the skillet. Toss to combine and allow the ingredients to warm through.
- Serve warm and garnish with the fresh parsley.