This post has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc., and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #McCafeMyWay #CollectiveBias
My day doesn’t start until I get my hands on a great cup of coffee. Really. I can’t get moving (let alone walk the dog!) until I have a cup of coffee. In my opinion, great coffee can make your day that much better. McCafé coffee is right up my alley for the morning, and later in the day, too. Since it’s a Kraft brand, you know you can expect a high-quality product with great flavor.
It might sound strange, but I definitely relax first thing in the morning when I sit down with a cup of coffee. It’s like my break before I head into a crazy day. I’m the first one awake in my house, and I take advantage of that “alone” time.
I don’t reserve coffee for mornings only, and this time of year, my ideal afternoon pick-me-up comes in the form of these Chocolate-Orange Frozen Latte Pops. They’re the perfect frosty and flavorful afternoon treat — like a specialty coffee drink made to order.
Not only do these freezer pops look like lattes, but they taste like them, too! These “lattes” have fabulous flavoring in the mix, with a sweet and creamy top portion (the foam for your latte, if you will), and the bottom portion that includes a mixture made using McCafé Premium Roast coffee, cocoa, sugar, and a bright orange essence.
I’m so pleased that I can easily get my hands on quality, full-flavored coffees. It makes a difference to me, whether I’m enjoying my first cup in the morning, delving into my work at the computer with a cup in the afternoon, or when I get to enjoy a treat like these Chocolate-Orange Frozen Latte Pops.
McCafé coffee is made with 100% Arabica Beans that are harvested from the rich soils and mountainous regions of the foremost coffee-growing areas of the world. Excellent, right? Thankfully you won’t need to trek too far to find it: McCafé coffee is now sold at Walmart. There are a bunch of options (8 flavors), and you have your choice of bagged coffee (ground or whole bean) or pods, depending on your preferred brewing method. The Premium Roast coffee I tried has a medium body with a great fragrance and balanced flavor.
I was introduced to McCafé coffees last month when I was at my local Walmart store picking up a few things to get the summer started (hello, sunscreen!). I came across a demo for these flavorful coffees, and I couldn’t say no to a few tastes!
I picked up a bag of the Premium Roast, and added it to my list of things I needed to kick of my summer!
Are you ready for the fun and flavors of summer? I hope you’ll give these Chocolate-Orange Frozen Latte Pops a try! If you need a little more inspiration for flavorful summer foods, check out the Kick Off Your Summer Cookbook website. You’ll find recipes, sweepstakes, loyalty programs, coupons and more. What’s not to love? If you’re looking for a new dinner idea ora chance to win some awesome prizes, be sure to check it out!
Coffee is always part of my morning. I like to spend a bit of time relaxing with a cup (cream and sugar included) before I start my day. How do you like to kick off your day? Leave me a comment to share your favorite a.m. routine!
Recipe for Chocolate-Orange Frozen Latte Pops
Makes 6, 3-ounce pops
- 6 ounces half-and-half
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar, plus 2 tablespoons
- 2 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt
- 2 cups brewed McCafé coffee
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon pure orange extract, plus 2 drops
- In a small bowl, whisk together the half-and-half, 2 tablespoons of the powdered sugar, and the Greek yogurt. Whisk until mixed and smooth.
- Evenly divide the mixture between 6 (4-ounce) freezer pop molds, filling each about 1/3 of the way up.
- Carefully place in the freezer on a level surface. Freeze until almost solid, about 60-90 minutes. Insert a wooden pop stick into each mold, in the center of the frozen mixture.
- Place back in the freezer for several hours, or until the mixture is frozen solid.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the brewed McCafé coffee, the cocoa powder, the 1/4 cup powdered sugar, and the orange extract. Mix until combined and smooth.
- Refrigerate the mixture until it is completely chilled.
- Remove the freezer pop molds from the freezer. Evenly divide the chilled McCafé coffee mixture between the freezer pop molds, then freeze until completely solid.
- To remove the pops from their molds, run them under warm water for a few seconds to help loosen, taking care not to run the tops under water.
- Enjoy immediately.