When you dig into this Meatless Monday Hearts of Palm Crabless Salad you’ll be transported to the summer season and a day at the beach. It’s creamy with a zesty seasoning that tastes great served with tomatoes, avocados, or on your favorite sandwich bread.
On a Meatless Monday, salads reign supreme, and this Hearts of Palm Crabless Salad is no exception. It’s the perfect option to add to your summer rotation.
For more summer salad options, try this Fresh Green Bean and Tomato Salad with Cream Garlic Dressing, or maybe a big batch of Cold Sesame-Peanut Noodle Salad.
I used hearts of palm in place of crabmeat for this delicious dish. Its texture and mild flavor makes it the perfect stand in (they look a little like string cheese in the photo below!). If you can’t find hearts of palm, artichokes (plain, not marinated) work well, too. I chopped them in a few directions to bring some texture to this salad.
You’ll definitely get a seaside vibe from this salad thanks to the Old Bay seasoning I added to the mix. It’s a blend of herbs and spices that’s often used on seafood.
I scooped out a few avocado halves just slightly – just enough to make room for the salad – and a few large tomatoes, too, then piled them high with this Hearts of Palm Crabless Salad. What could be better than an edible tomato bowl, or a forkful of creamy avocado along with the salad?
You could also serve Hearts of Palm Crabless Salad on a bed of greens or on your favorite sandwich bread, too. In my opinion, summer is not complete without a favorite salad to turn to. Make this one yours!
Meatless Monday Hearts of Palm Crabless Salad
- 16 ounces hearts of palm, drained and cut into thin strips
- 1/4 cup diced white onion
- 1/4 cup shredded carrot
- 1/4 cup diced celery
- 5 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped dill, plus extra for garnish
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a bowl, toss together the hearts of palm, onion, carrot, and celery. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine the yogurt, mayonnaise, mustard, horseradish, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, garlic, Old Bay, salt, black pepper, and cayenne.
- Toss to combine. Taste and adjust the seasoning as needed.
- Refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
- Serve in avocado halves, hollowed out tomatoes (turned upside down and drained for about 10 minutes), over salad greens, or on your favorite sandwich bread.