Take a cue from the season for your next meal: What better way to use up the summer’s abundance of zucchini than with a light, healthy, and flavorful dish like Chilled Zucchini Ribbon “Pasta” with Black Olives, Roasted Red Peppers and Mozzarella?
This “pasta” dish doesn’t actually include pasta: instead, I use zucchini to form fettuccine-like strands to toss together with other Mediterranean-inspired vegetables like California Black Ripe Olives and roasted red peppers.
Drizzle on homemade lemon vinaigrette and add in some Mozzarella (I like to use the small Mozzarella balls cut in half), and you have a fresh veggie-packed dish. Not only is this a flavorful and healthy meal option, but it’s filling and versatile, too. Consider this salad hearty enough to stand in as a main dish.
Olives are an essential part of a Mediterranean diet and contain monounsaturated fat (that’s the good kind of fat). Not only that, but a serving of olives contains 0 grams of trans fat, and olives are naturally a cholesterol-free food. Don’t take my word for it when it comes to the nutritional value of olives. Learn more about the benefits of adding olives to your diet.
It’s easy to come up with delicious ways to add black olives into your everyday meals, like this recipe for Chilled Zucchini Ribbon “Pasta” with Black Olives, Roasted Red Peppers and Mozzarella. California Ripe Olives are one of the most versatile items in the pantry, and they can go far beyond just putting them out with a veggie platter (not that there’s anything wrong with that)!
Olives are loved for their unique flavor, texture and color, but they can also be part of a healthy diet. If you’re looking for a few new ideas on how to add them to your meals, check out some of these fabulous recipes from California Ripe Olives.
There are many recipes out there that use zucchini in place of pasta. I hope you’ll love this recipe for Chilled Zucchini Ribbon “Pasta” with Black Olives, Roasted Red Peppers and Mozzarella as much as I do. Have you ever used zucchini in place of pasta?
Enter the California Ripe Olives Midsummer Mediterranean Giveaway. Enjoy the flavors of the season and beyond, and if you win, you could serve your meals with great flair and in Mediterranean style.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.
You'll love this Mediterranean-inspired seasonal dish that is filling, flavorful and healthy!
- 3 large zucchini, ends trimmed, peeled into thin wide strips with a vegetable peeler
- 1 (6-ounce) can California Black Ripe Olives
- 4 ounces roasted red peppers packed in oil, sliced into thin strips
- 4 ounces small-sized fresh Mozzarella balls, cut into halves
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley (reserve 1/2 tablespoon for garnish)
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt, and black pepper. Taste and adjust the seasoning as needed. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- In a large bowl, add the zucchini ribbons, the California Black Ripe Olives (I sliced a portion, and left a portion whole), roasted red peppers, the Mozzarella, and 1-1/2 tablespoons fresh parsley.
- Refrigerate for 20-30 minutes.
- Whisk the dressing, and pour half over the vegetables. Gently toss to combine. If you think you need additional dressing, add a little more at a time.
- Serve immediately garnished with the remaining parsley, and an extra sprinkle of ground black pepper.