Peach-Rosemary Agua Fresca is a great way to stay cool on crazy-hot summer days. It’s easy to make, it’s refreshing, and it puts seasonal fruit to good use. You need to make this drink this season — everyone will love the fresh flavor and color!
It might not be peak peach season where you like and, if not, save this recipe for Peach-Rosemary Agua Fresca! I’ve made agua fresca before (check out my recipe for Strawberry Agua Fresca), and I’ll make it again! This is an ideal refreshing drink on a hot day.
Rosemary-Peach Agua Fresca
This recipe agua fresca recipe is fantastic, not only because I’m able to use seasonal peaches in the mix, but the flavor from the added rosemary adds another dimension to the sweet-tasting fruit.
I thought about adding bourbon to this bev, but today I decided against it. This is perfect as-is. However…the temptation was too great and when I poured myself a second glass: I decided to add in the booze. Loved it!
If you’re passionate about peaches, give my Fresh Peach Pie “Pop Tarts” a try. They are a fabulous dessert (or morning treat), and nothing beats a homemade version of a classic, made with fresh fruit.
Maybe savory dishes are more your style. I’ve got that covered, too: Molasses-Glazed Salmon with Sweet-and-Spicey Peach Salsa makes a delightful main dish. You’ll love it for the season.
When I first moved to Arizona I had no idea peaches grew here. It was a fabulous surprise, and now I scoop up local pickings whenever possible. They’re so sweet!
Arizona peaches might be ripe and ready a little sooner than in some other states, so again, save this recipe until the time is right for you. I guarantee you’ll enjoy it!
Can you imagine the possibilities for the awesome agua fresca (Spanish for fresh water) flavors you can mix up: pineapple, watermelon, cantaloupe, mango. The list could go on and on. This is such a super-easy recipe to make and enjoy. Learn a little more about this summer sipper from Shape.com.
Play around with your favorite fruit and herbs to find a combo you love. Peach-Rosemary Agua Fresca will be my go-to drink while it’s hot, hot, hot (and you should indulge, too)! It’s a great way to stay hydrated.
A refreshing drink that's perfect for the hot temps, Peach-Rosemary Agua Fresca hits the spot!
5 based on 6 review(s)
- 5 cups sliced peaches (6-8 peaches)
- 3 cups water
- 1 tablespoon rosemary leaves (more or less to taste), plus a few sprigs for garnish
- Juice from one small lime
- 2 teaspoons agave nectar, to taste
- Working in two batches, add half the peaches, half the water, and half the rosemary leaves to a blender. Blend until smooth. Transfer to a bowl.
- Use a fine mesh strainer to strain the mixture into another bowl. Use a rubber spatula to help press the mixture through the strainer into the bowl. Discard the solid pieces (or reserve and use in another recipe).
- Add the lime juice to the mixture and stir. Add the agave nectar, to taste, depending on how sweet your peaches are. Stir.
- Transfer the mixture to a pitcher. Chill for a 30-60 minutes, or if serving right away, fill glasses with ice cubes and pour into the glasses.
- Garnish with a peach slice and a sprig of rosemary.
Adjust the sweetener for this agua fresca (I used agave nectar) based on the sweetness of your peaches.