This Oatmeal-Chocolate-Chip Skillet Cookie requires no measuring of dough or even cookie sheets to bake on. Just pop the dough into a skillet, bake, and enjoy with a fork straight from the pan, if you’d like! What a tasty and easy dessert recipe!
It’s the weekend — the perfect time for classic treat, right? Classic with a twist, that is! The weekend is time to relax, after all, so why not make a fuss-free treat!
This Oatmeal-Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie is definitely the way to go when you don’t feel like measuring out the dough onto cookie sheets, but you still want to enjoy a classic treat. Just bring on the milk!
I’ve been telling people that I’m over cookies since the holiday season is just behind us, but I guess I lied! Like I said, I have a sweet tooth and this giant cookie — eaten in small portions, of course 😉 — hits the spot!
You could make this Oatmeal-Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie any night of the week since it’s so easy to make! As easy cookie recipe to pull off the shelf anytime is ideal for me (and my sweet tooth)! I used dark chocolate chips in this recipe, but use your favorite!
Eat this cookie with a fork, warm, just from the oven, or you can let it cool a bit and cut it into small pieces. Serve it with vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt on top, or with a spritz of whipped topping and a drizzle of chocolate sauce.
Isn’t your weekend looking up already?
Whether you make the Oatmeal-Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie on the weekend or on a Monday (or you make it twice in one week), you’ll enjoy the outcome: a classic cookie that’s easy to make and definitely fun to eat!
Try another of my cookie recipes:
Spicy Caramel Corn Cookies
Cinnamon Pretzel Crunch Sugar Cookies
Mini Sugar Cookie Cups with Lemon Curd
Cut this treat into pieces or enjoy it with a fork, straight from the oven!
5 based on 3 review(s)
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1-1/4 cups quick cook oatmeal, plus 1 tablespoon reserved
- 8 ounces dark chocolate chips, plus 2 tablespoons, reserved (or use your favorite type of chips)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Add the vegetable oil to a cast iron skillet, and rub well to coat.
- Use a mixer to combine the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar on medium speed until combined.
- Add one egg at a time, then the vanilla. Mix until combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Whisk to combine. A little at a time, on low speed, add the dry mixture to the sugar mixture.
- Add 1-1/4 cups of the oatmeal and mix on low speed until combined.
- Add the 8 ounces of chocolate chips to the bowl, and mix in with a wooden spoon.
- Transfer the dough to a 9-inch skillet and spread out evenly.
- Sprinkle the remaining oatmeal and chocolate chips over the top.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the cookie is lightly golden around the edges and on top.
- Remove and allow to cool before serving. If cutting into pieces, allow a bit more time to cool prior to cutting.