Cashew and Banana Smoothies are a pretty darn quick breakfast to make, if that’s what you’re into. Oh yeah, they taste really good, and are good for you, too! I’ve learned that cashews are rich in vitamins, minerals and fiber, and are rich in heart-friendly monounsaturated fatty acids.
According to Chiquita, bananas are fat free, cholesterol free and sodium free, and are also a hearty-friendly food. Perfect, right?
I’ve made this cashew and banana smoothie for breakfast, for lunch and as an after-workout treat. Delicious!
If you don’t have time to wait around to let the cashews soak for 15 minutes, you can take them out of the water sooner.
Patricia Conte/Grab a Plate
Serves Serves 2
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 2 small bananas
- 1 cup ice
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- Pour the boiling water over the cashews and let stand for about 15 minutes (or until they’re soft).
- Add the cashews and bananas to the blender until smooth (about 3 minutes).
- Add the ice and vanilla extract and blend until smooth. Add the agave nectar to taste.