I’ve finally gotten around to posting a new recipe – one that combines my Italian heritage with my love of…avocados! My mom was recently a “guest” in my home for a few weeks, and for our final meal before she left, I wanted to make something quick (you have no idea how long it takes her to pack!), easy, and delicious.
Creamy Avocado Pasta with Roasted Garlic and Tomatoes fits that bill, and I usually always have the ingredients on hand.
My mom’s luggage was heavy. A creamy pasta dish doesn’t have to be. This is a nice meal to enjoy when you crave a rich pasta dish, without the heaviness that can also accompany that sort of meal. It doesn’t weigh you down with heavy creams and butter, and it’s healthier than many Alfredo-type pasta recipes.
The healthy avocado in Creamy Avocado Pasta with Roasted Garlic and Tomatoes provides the smooth, creamy texture that coats the pasta. Paired with the lemon, roasted garlic and tomatoes, this is fresh, healthy, and rich pasta dish.
Recipe for Creamy Avocado Pasta with Roasted Garlic and Tomatoes
Creamy Avocado Pasta with Roasted Garlic and Tomatoes
- 8 ounces small pasta, like farfalle
- 4 cloves garlic, skins on
- 4 ounces cherry tomatoes
- Olive oil to drizzle
- 2 large, ripe avocados, pitted and flesh scooped from the skin
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- Grated Parmesan cheese for garnish (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F. Place the tomatoes and garlic (with the skin on) in a small baking dish and drizzle with the olive oil.
- Season with a bit of salt and pepper, and bake until the skins from the tomatoes begin to peel away. Remove them from the oven, and keep the tomatoes warm.
- When the garlic has cooled to the touch, remove the skins.
- Cook the pasta, and while it cooks, scoop the avocado from its skin and add it to a food processor along with the garlic, lemon juice, and zest.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, and blend until smooth.
- When the pasta is finished cooking, drain it and return it to the warm pan. Add the avocado mixture to the pasta and toss it well to evenly coat it. Serve the pasta warm on individual plates and spoon several roasted tomatoes onto each portion.
- Garnish with pepper and grated Parmesan cheese if you’d like.