Chocolate Bark with Pistachios and Sea Salt could not be easier to make, and helloooo sweet treat! It’s tasty and a little addictive, and it makes a nice holiday gift, especially when packaged in a colorful tin.
Ready or not, the holidays are here! I’m good about getting the decorations and gifts ready with time to spare (well… pretty good), but there are always a few items I need at crunch time, including gifts and goodies.
This chocolate bark takes care of both of those needs! If you find yourself in need of a gift for your neighbors or friends dropping by, get yourself to the store and pick up a few festive tins, some colored plastic wrap or waxed paper, and the rest of the ingredients to make this super-simple treat.
There’s no baking, no frosting, and no fuss when it comes to this goodie.
What could be better than chocolate, pistachios, and a touch of sea salt? This is seriously so easy to make that you might find yourself with several batches to give out — but don’t forget to keep some for yourself!
For candy bark, the possibilities are endless! Check out some options below if you’re looking to expand a bit. If you’re considering one of the options below, I recommend using about 1/3 cup of the fruit or marshmallows.
- Orange oil
- Peppermint oil
- Grated orange zest
- Crushed peppermint candy to sprinkle over the top instead of sea salt
- Mini marshmallows
- Toasted cocoanut flakes
- Dried fruit like cranberries, cherries, or blueberries
- Almonds, pecans, cashews, pine nuts, or peanuts
- Use white chocolate, or half white and half semisweet chocolate
Simple, quick and delicious. This is a gluten-free treat, too (just be sure to check the label of the chocolate you’re using or any of the other ingredients). Here’s to a happy holiday season!
Make a few batches of Chocolate Bark with Pistachios and Sea Salt to give out, and be sure to keep some for yourself!
Patricia Conte/Grab a Plate
Yields about 2 dozen pieces
- 1, 10-ounce bag of bittersweet chocolate chips or chocolate pieces, broken (I used Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Chips, which are also gluten-free)
- 1/3 cup of shelled pistachios, coarsely chopped
- Sea salt to sprinkle over the top
- Add aluminum foil to the bottom of a baking pan.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave in 10-15 seconds-increments (or in a double boiler), stirring after each round, until melted.
- If you’re using dried fruit, add it at this point and stir it throughout the chocolate.
- Pour the chocolate mixture onto the baking pan and spread it out evenly with a spatula so it’s about 1/4-inch thick. Sprinkle the pistachios over the top. Allow the chocolate to sit for about 5 minutes and sprinkle with the sea salt.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, or until the chocolate hardens. Once the chocolate is hard, remove from the refrigerator and gently lift it from the pan.
- Place on a cutting board and use either a knife or just your hands to break the chocolate into3-4-inch pieces. Store it in a tightly sealed container. You can keep it in the refrigerator for several weeks, or out of the refrigerator for about a week.